INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cakes and gifts needed for Ajijic Kids Day and Mothers Day

4 posters

Go down

cakes and gifts needed for Ajijic Kids Day and Mothers Day Empty cakes and gifts needed for Ajijic Kids Day and Mothers Day

Post by JayBear Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Two traditional annual events dear to our Mexican community are coming up soon:

Sunday, April 28: Dia del Nino (Children's Day)

Sunday, May 12: Dia de las Madres (Mother's Day)

Ajijic’s Delegado (mayor) Hector Espana Ramos is looking for people who will donate cakes for Children's Day and gifts for Mother's Day. While this has been done by a number of members of the community in past years, this year donations are needed more than ever. The problem this year is that there is NO money for the refreshments and gifts, because (as you may remember) the Chapala government is bankrupt and allocating almost nothing to Ajijic except money for salaries.

This is an easy way to put a smile on the faces of a lot of kids and mothers. Please email jdbaehr@aol.com if you can help.

For Kids Day, large cakes are needed--homemade, Soriana, it does not matter. Cakes should be delivered to the charro ring on April 28 on or before 2 p.m.

For Mothers Day, gifts are needed--2,000 mothers are expected in the bull ring for the celebration. Gifts can range from trinkets (keyrings, hair bows, lipsticks) to nicer things like toasters and coffee pots and irons. Not everyone will get something, but every mother hopes she will be among the lucky. These you can drop off at the Delegado's office on the SW corner of the Ajijic Plaza.

If you would like to give a donation rather than baking or buying, you can make a deposit to the Ajijic Advisory Committee account at O’Rourke y Asociados (O&A) on the corner of the carretera and the libramiento.

Personally, last May's violence was one of the low points in my time here and I am eager to make this May a happier time. This is one small way I feel I can make a difference.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

cakes and gifts needed for Ajijic Kids Day and Mothers Day Empty Re: cakes and gifts needed for Ajijic Kids Day and Mothers Day

Post by Trailrunner Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:28 pm

This is a great idea, thanks JB!

I would also like to recommend eating at Mario's Restaurant in SAT on or around Mother's Day. Keeping Maria and Mario busy is the best distraction from the brutal memories of last year. This Mother's Day is going to be very very hard for all those families involved in the massacre last year.

Provecho!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

cakes and gifts needed for Ajijic Kids Day and Mothers Day Empty Re: cakes and gifts needed for Ajijic Kids Day and Mothers Day

Post by Splashingcolor Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Great ideas! I'm not a baker, but I would be willing to donate some cup cakes. As for Mario's, how about a swarm there next month! I know we have been there for a swarm before, but we could do a do over?
Splashingcolor
Splashingcolor
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Profound yet witty

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

When you say charro ring or bull ring are you referring to the one in Chapala?
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Splashingcolor wrote:Great ideas! I'm not a baker, but I would be willing to donate some cup cakes. As for Mario's, how about a swarm there next month! I know we have been there for a swarm before, but we could do a do over?

I'm in!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 am

The charro ring near Salavador's in Ajijic. This is an Ajijic event--I do not know whether there are others happening elsewhere along the Lake.

Cupcakes are fine! I imagine they ask for large sheet cakes so they can be cut in very small pieces so everyone gets a taste if they have a shortage of cakes. But the look on a child's face who gets his very own cupcake would be worth seeing. Come to think of it, this sounds like an excellent photo opp!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down