INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kindle frustration

+3
mattoleriver
CheenaGringo
gringal
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kindle frustration - Page 2 Empty Re: Kindle frustration

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Ok, here's where I am now:
I can buy books, videos, and music without a problem. But. . .
I cannot stream Prime videos (I can download and watch the trailer tho) due to "geographical restrictions".
I cannot buy newspapers or magazines due to "you need a US credit card" which I have and am using to buy the books, videos, and music!
I cannot buy apps due to "you need a US credit card" which I have and am using to buy the books, videos, and music!
wtf? Seriously.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:12 pm

An unusual case, to say the least. At this point, I'd have to get my hands on your PC to see what the heck is going on, because everything that you've posted indicates all is correct. Videos always have a problem, though.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Trailrunner:

I don't get it - virtually all of the apps that I have found related to magazines are free but then one has to insert their subscription info to get the most recent issue. We happen to be big on Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Cook's, Southern Living, Food Network, Sunset and a few other cooking oriented magazines. Once we download the app, then we have to plugin the subscription info to be able to access through our Kindle Fire.

By the way, what did your reference to Prime going away mean? Not only do we take advantage of the free two day shipping, the free prime instant videos but also the free book each month. All in all Prime works out to be a great deal for us!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Prime is free to new accounts for the first 30 days in order to entice you to subscribe to it after that.

Oooh, I want to subscribe to Cooks too. . .well, I can't get far enough to even have to insert the subscription info! I get as far as "free", "get app", "purchasing. . .", then get a notice "Your payment method has a non-USA billing address. A US credit card is required." BTW, this happens in both Cloud and Device options.

There is a Help/Customer Service option I'll try and if that doesn't work I'll try again next month from the states and see what happens.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2