INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nationalizing a classic car?

3 posters

Go down

Nationalizing a classic car? Empty Nationalizing a classic car?

Post by tictoc Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 am

So not to be confused with what is going on with the current car situation in Mexico. I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on how to nationalize a classic car. Because of the car's age, the vin does not work to put it into http://paisano.prevalidadorcaaarem.org.mx/Cotizador/ .
I have found this information.
CLASSIC CARS

In accordance with Section III, Article 12 of the "Agreement establishing the classification and coding of goods whose import or export is subject to the requirement of prior permission from the Ministry of Economy", are exempted from the requirement of prior import by the Ministry of Economy established in Articles 1o. and 6th., of this Agreement, imports of vehicles whose serial number or model year has a period equal to or greater than 30 years before the current, and always having a gross vehicle weight exceeding 8,864 kilograms.

Therefore if the vehicle you want to import a period equal to or greater than 30 years before the current, shall import the same.
Step

The procedure must be performed at the point of entry through customs agent, who will prepare the final import permit for their vehicle entering custom assignment does not require that they comply with the requirement that the applicant is registered in the Importers List, provided that only one vehicle is imported annually.

The motion may cover only the vehicle to import and any other goods.

The broker is a natural person to whom the Secretary of Finance and Public Credit authorized by a patent, for others to promote the release of goods in different customs procedures referred to in the Act who contracts their services, ie not is an employee of the General Administration of Customs.

The Customs Broker advises importers and exporters about the procedure and requirements to be met for the customs clearance of the goods, such as non-tariff regulations and restrictions, preferential tariff rates for tariff benefits under treaties with various countries to which Mexico is a part. Also suggests transport options to find the best option, depending on the volumes, destinations and characteristics of them.

You can contact the brokers through:
• Confederation of Customs Brokers Associations of Mexico (CAAAREM)

Tel (01 55) 3300 7500 in Mexico DF

Website www.caaarem.org.mx
• Latin American Confederation of Customs Brokers AC (CLAA)

Tel (0155) 1107 8515 and 1107 8592

Website www.claa.org.mx
It gives two places to contact but with all the reported (by Spencer) fraud. I am wondering if anyone has used them.
So does anyone have any information on who to/were to go to get this done and what it might cost? Or a survey on the two reported businesses who are supposed to do this?

Thanks

P.S. I also thought that people looking to nationalize their cars might benefit from the references/info provided.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Nationalizing a classic car? Empty Re: Nationalizing a classic car?

Post by tictoc Fri May 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Chirp, chirp, chirp. Sure is quite around these parts.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat May 18, 2013 9:26 am

Go visit the two brothers from Hogar Ceramic store just as you enter Jocotepec. They are classic car collectors and bring a lot of stuff in from California. They will educate you as to one of the "Mexican" ways to do all this. It may not be to your comfort level or others. They are interested in driving around in cool wheels, not flipping prices.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 18, 2013 9:31 am

where is hogars? is that the place on the left before you get to the first set of lights?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat May 18, 2013 9:48 am

Seems to me its on the right. Near a very popular 'takeaway' Mexican restaurant. The family owns and occupies the whole compound/building.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 am

CHILLIN wrote:Go visit the two brothers from Hogar Ceramic store just as you enter Jocotepec. They are classic car collectors and bring a lot of stuff in from California. They will educate you as to one of the "Mexican" ways to do all this. It may not be to your comfort level or others. They are interested in driving around in cool wheels, not flipping prices.
thank you. I will add this to my must do list, when I'm down.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down