INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The $50 Lesson

2 posters

Go down

The $50 Lesson Empty The $50 Lesson

Post by DaveP Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Last year, while I was working in the flowerbeds in the front yard, my neighbours stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up.

She said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day.
Both of her parents (NDP's) were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?"
She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."
Her parents beamed with pride. "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that, I told her.
"What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then, she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to Canada."

Her Parents aren't speaking to me anymore…..
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

The $50 Lesson Empty Re: The $50 Lesson

Post by hockables Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:52 pm

DaveP wrote:
Last year, while I was working in the flowerbeds in the front yard, my neighbours stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up.

She said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day.
Both of her parents (NDP's) were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do?"
She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."
Her parents beamed with pride. "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that, I told her.
"What do you mean?" she replied. So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then, she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to Canada."

Her Parents aren't speaking to me anymore…..

LOL....snork .... Thumbs up
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down