INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soft sided kennel

5 posters

Go down

Soft sided kennel Empty Soft sided kennel

Post by MtnButterfly Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm looking for a soft sided kennel that will fit under the seat on an airplane.  I have one but have 2 dogs and need one for my husbands dog. If anyone has one that we could purchase or could borrow and send it back to you when we arrive at our destination we would really appreciate it.  We can get it back to you via our friends who live here in Ajijic.  I know that I should put this under "wanted", which we have but figured we'd get more readers and possibilities here.  766-2943.
MtnButterfly
MtnButterfly

Back to top Go down

Soft sided kennel Empty Re: Soft sided kennel

Post by zenwoodle Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm looking for a soft sided kennel also.

The one that my wife puts me in is much toooo hard. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:25 am

It sounds like you want to bring two animals with you on the same plane. I don't know about today, but between 1997 and perhaps 2002, the stated policy was that only one pet was allowed in the cabin area. Any additional pets had to be stowed with the luggage.

How do I know? Well I don't. But that was what I was told when I would fly with one (under-the-seat) small dog between Guadalajara and Seattle or occasionally Vancouver, BC
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:04 am

You can have one pet per person in the cabin but the planes do have a restriction on the total number of animals allowed in the cabin. It is definitely more than one and probably less than 10.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MtnButterfly Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:34 am

Yes, you are allowed 1 pet per person with a total limit of 4 pets per the entire flight. At least that's United's policy.
MtnButterfly
MtnButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 am

I stand corrected. I was so sure I was right that I phoned American Airlines. On their standard flights there can be up to two carriers in first class and up to 5 in tourist class. One dog per carrier, however in certain cases up to two small kittens per carrier. And the carrier and animal must weigh less than a certain weight. The lady I was talking to, thought the amount was 20 or less pounds

Remember different airlines have different rules and smaller planes carry fewer under-seat animals. Again, sorry I was wrong. In the future I will check before "opening mouth" or in this case before posting
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:36 pm

MexicoPete wrote:It sounds like you want to bring two animals with you on the same plane. I don't know about today, but between 1997 and perhaps 2002, the stated policy was that only one pet was allowed in the cabin area. Any additional pets had to be stowed with the luggage.

How do I know? Well I don't. But that was what I was told when I would fly with one (under-the-seat) small dog between Guadalajara and Seattle or occasionally Vancouver, BC
that is no longer the case Pete. I think the number is 5-6 now. I use to be an AA ticket/gate agent at SEA.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down