INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we bring a laptop and 2 tablets?

+3
CanuckBob
Hensley
black swan
7 posters

Go down

Can we bring a laptop and 2 tablets? Empty Can we bring a laptop and 2 tablets?

Post by black swan Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:16 am

We will soon be arriving for another visit to explore and enjoy lakeside.

I have had an opportunity to review the list of Duty Free and Prohibited Items on Rollie's website.  It appears we are allowed to bring "one laptop, notebook, omnibook or similar item per person".  The problem is that we have a laptop and two tablets which we would like to bring, however there are only two of us.  Are we likely to have problems upon arrival by air if we decide to bring all three?  Are we likely to have to pay duty on the third and if so, how is it assessed?  It is my understanding that they are particularly strict about electronic items.  Your comments or advice,  please.

black swan

Back to top Go down

Can we bring a laptop and 2 tablets? Empty Re: Can we bring a laptop and 2 tablets?

Post by Hensley Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:17 am

Are you flying or driving?

Put one in your purse they will not search it.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Can we bring a laptop and 2 tablets? Empty Re: Can we bring a laptop and 2 tablets?

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:24 am

I flew in last year with a laptop, a tablet, a satellite system complete with dish, an Xbox 360, a projector and a multitude of external hard drives and gadgets. Most of it was packed in my luggage (3 large bags) except for the dish which had to be checked as additional luggage. I probably looked like a mini electronics store and they didn't say anything.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:36 am

I am probably the only person in the world to voluntarily pay duty and the agents were so
surprised by it they didn't know how to take my money. I had a whole suitcase of small
electronics. As Bob says they don't care generally but the rules are one handheld device
per person. Bury a tablet somewhere in your luggage. Worst thing is you pay 16% on it.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:08 am

Anything that looks personal, they really don't care about. I've done what CBob and Zed have done, on several occasions, and never had a problem. They're looking for people who are returning with shopping goods, or stuff to sell.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:15 am

1 computer per person duty free then $300us exemption per person
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by black swan Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks for your replies.

black swan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:20 pm

I personally would NOT put anything of value in my checked luggage. Last year I brought in three laptops in one computer bag. When asked why so many I told them one for each business (2) and one for personal stuff. Since they were all not for resale, no duty.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down