INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of Canadians

+13
mazdee
hound dog
bobnliz
Lehrer
Malaya
johninajijic
islandiver
CanuckBob
cane
David
Carry Bean
hockables
Intercasa
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lots of Canadians Empty Lots of Canadians

Post by Intercasa Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 am

I've seen more license plates (cars) from Canada than I recall this time of year the past few years. I think they almost out number the USA plated cars. Anyone else noticing this?

Last edited by Intercasa on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Lots of Canadians Empty Re: Lots of Canadians

Post by hockables Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:56 am

That's interesting... especially given that many Chapalla Residents are using South Dakota Plates...some of those South Dakota Plates are Canadian as well...

Apparently, they don't much care where the vehicle is... South Dakota is happy to sell you a plate:)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Seems like the majority I see are Ontario.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Apparently the fear of driving here is not as bad as many thought it was. Plus the H1N1 scare is over. Yes, it seems like we have more snowbirds than last year. It's good for the restaurants.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Guad' is closer than Van' from Ont' and safer.

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Yeah right Cane. You obviously haven't been to downtown Victoria lately........ lol!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by islandiver Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:56 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yeah right Cane. You obviously haven't been to downtown Victoria lately........ lol!

Guad' is closer than Van' from Ont' and safer..

¿So?

islandiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Intercasa wrote:I've seen more license plates (cars) from Canada than I recall this time of year the past few years. I think they almost out number the USA plated cars. Anyone else noticing this?

I was out and about today and didn't see any more traffic than normal or before last week. I doubt all the NOB types are here yet.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:13 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yeah right Cane. You obviously haven't been to downtown Victoria lately........ lol!

I think he was referring to it being a shorter and safer drive from Ontario, hence more Ontario plates.

Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:53 pm

johninajijic wrote:I was out and about today and didn't see any more traffic than normal or before last week. I doubt all the NOB types are here yet.
I don't know what "normal" is -- any more.
I moved from Riberas del Pilar to Tizapán on September 1st. Any purchases I want to make are within walking distance from where I live.
Once a month I might make a trip to the North Shore for shopping or other reasons. For example, I had to pick up eyeglasses at Pinto's this week. The traffic is horrendous!!! Yes, the NOB types are back -- and I find the worst drivers to be behind the wheel of Ontario-plated cars (objectively speaking)!
Shocked
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Sorry but I disagree with you. Any driver from Ontario who can handle 16-18 lane highways in the GTA can more than hold their own driving here.

Let's not make this a pick on Canadians thread please.

Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Malaya wrote:Sorry but I disagree with you. Any driver from Ontario who can handle 16-18 lane highways in the GTA can more than hold their own driving here.

Let's not make this a pick on Canadians thread please.
I wasn't speaking of "handling" highways, etc. -- I was speaking of common sense and courtesy. I don't know for certain that the drivers I observe are Canadian -- but the worst I've seen are those behind the wheel of Ontario-plated vehicles. That's my experience; that's my testimony; and I stick by it.
(And some of my best friends are from Ontario -- and "he" scares the $h1t out of me when I have to ride with him!!!! lol! )
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:03 pm

Canadians are known for being far more courteous than drivers from another country I won't name.

Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Malaya wrote:Canadians are known for being far more courteous than drivers from another country I won't name.
I don't know what that means -- I'm speaking from experience.
Some of the worst drivers I've seen here in MEXICO are behind the wheel of Ontario-plated cars. "Courtesy" doesn't enter the equation -- it appears to be "me-first-and-you-better-look-out!" Maybe some crazy Mexicans are driving those cars -- I don't know.
But I'm telling it like it is.
razberry
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:13 pm

It was your reference, not mine to courtesy. Read your own post.

Since you seem to be on a "pick on Canadians" rant and this is far from the original topic, I suggest we end it here. Honestly, I see no value in your opinions other than to stir the pot. That's something I refuse to be a part of.

Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:32 pm

I'm not Canadian but don't find them discourteous at all. However, I would like to find the jerk driving the humongous SUV from Oregon who tailgated me in Ajijic to the point I pulled over to let him pass. He pulled in behind me & wouldn't move past so when I again pulled out he rode my bumper AGAIN. Jerk.

And I'm not one of those ridiculously slow drivers, either. However, you have to be suicidal not to slow to almost a halt at cross streets with blind corners or you're gonna get T-boned sooner or later.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Sounds like he was afraid to go first. BIG SUV must be compensation for the inferiority complex Carry Bean. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Although I dislike the traffic as much as the next person, it's not hard to see the bright side of it.

It helps all the businesses at Lakeside to have a good turnout of snowbirds, given the economic climate here as well as the perceived dangers of getting here.

It brings fresh new people to the area with different perspectives than those who live here full time.

In the big scheme of things...where do I need to go in a hurry that a few extra minutes of driving time will make that big a difference :)

Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:28 pm

[quote="Malaya"]Canadians are known for being far more courteous than drivers from another country I won't name.[/

The, mostly Ontario, snow-birds pull out in traffic as if they have the right to do so without signaling or looking at the traffic, they make illegal u-turns on the Careterra, they park their large vehicles in the village without regard to the yellow no-parking curbs at intersections, and 2 feet from the curb on the narrow village street and I see them make illegal left turns into and out of La Floresta frequently. They drive as if there are no traffic laws here. That's my obeservation. Interestingly, the folks from B.C., and Alberta do none of these things.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 pm

You just have to make it about picking on "ALL" those from Ontario eh?

Do you ever have a positive thought? Anything nice to say? Look at the bright side of life?

You don't seem to ever show it. You, like a previous poster, seem only to want to cause negative debates.

Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Looks like y'all are dead set on having a yank/canuk pissing contest. Dead Horse Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaya Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:39 pm

No it's more like a few people want to make this a negative place. Indicative of why they have been banned on other boards.

I said absolutely nothing against my American friends, known and unknown.

Malaya

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:57 pm

I stated only that which I've observed and I NEVER said ALL from Ontario, I said MOST snow-birds are from Ontario. Lighten up and watch the traffic. BTW, my Canadian friends see similar snow-bird behavior.

This board is not for personal attacks, so please keep yours in your thoughts and don't post them.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Malaya wrote:It was your reference, not mine to courtesy. Read your own post.

Since you seem to be on a "pick on Canadians" rant and this is far from the original topic, I suggest we end it here. Honestly, I see no value in your opinions other than to stir the pot. That's something I refuse to be a part of.

Some Canadians and by that I mean a disproportionate number of Canadians retired down here have a collective chip on their shoulders resulting, apparently, from a huge inferiority complex and I would suggest that Canadian posters inclined to feel disgruntled because they feel they are being unduly disparaged, keep their irritation to themselves. Dawg grew up as a white boy in the Alabama of the 1940s through the 1960s and if you folks from Canada think you are subject to unfair stereotypical thinking then you ain´t never been no white boy from South Alabama when we were all assumed to be redneck, racist kluxers even if we were, in fact, Rhodes Scholars.

The first time I came to Mexico in the 1960s, a bunch of us ole white boys were sitting around a bar in Acapulco getting loaded on beer and tequila and we all had thick southern accents and this was the time of the civil rights struggle in the United States and during the course of our fraternal drunken bacchanal in which we were minding our own Goddamned bidness and had in no way made any racist comments of any kind, some yankee sumbitch approached our table and accused us all of being racist pigs just because of our nativity and quaint southern accents.

When my new French bride and I moved from Mobile to San Francisco in 1971, where I had accepted a position as a federal bank regulator, we were at a cocktail party on Nob Hill and my wife was carousing about when she struck up a conversation with some San Francisco banker and he asked her where she was from. She replied that she was from Paris but had most recently lived in Mobile before moving to Oakland where we then lived. The moron exclaimed, "Mobile? How could you possible have lived there. That place is full of rednecks!" My wife replied, "Tell me, I married one."

Get over you inferiority complex and be pleased with what you are. Nobody cares from where you come just how pleasant you are today wherever you may be.

Last edited by hound dog on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Maybe everyone should go for a border promotion.This might be the perfect opportunity to reinvent oneself as a nice person. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next