INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samsung Appliance - Beware

5 posters

Go down

Samsung Appliance - Beware Empty Samsung Appliance - Beware

Post by SunFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 pm

I now have a 200 pound stainless steel doorstop thanks to Samsung.
10 days ago the freezer side of out seven year old top-of-the-line Samsung side by side refrigerator stopped working.
I called in a local appliance repairman listed by “johninajijic” on this forum. He replaced what he said was a malfunctioning coolant pump for 1,200 pesos. Nada – no cooling after a week. Back he comes and using a hairdryer melts accumulated ice off the condenser coils at the back of the freezer  and announces I need a new “controller” to keep the coils defrosted. Problem is he doesn’t know where to get one.
Out goes the ice cream, back ribs and 2/3rds of a Kirkland tenderloin. Ouch.
The next day I’m telling a friend about my freezer dilemma and he immediately asks “Is it a Samsung”. He proceeds to tell me his bad experiences with several Samsung appliances over the past five years.
So I phone Samsung U.S..They connect me to Samsung in Mexico city who give ne the names of two appliance repair shops in Guad.
One doesn’t answer the phone. The other I called yesterday at noon. Despite 4 follow-up calls I have yet to see one of their “technicians” despite promises.
In the latest conversation at 5 P.M. today I was told their car had broken down and they would call me in the morning! Why can’t Mexicans just admit they can’t or won’t do something without all the “mamana” promises.
So in my humble opinion Samsung sells products with a poor reputation that they are incapable of providing services for.
Anybody need a 200 pound doorstop?
SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Samsung Appliance - Beware Empty Re: Samsung Appliance - Beware

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Make it into a fish smoker!!!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:12 am

Great idea!!!!

I can keep the fish in the refrigerator side that works then smoke them in the freezer side that doesn't.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 am

am have having the same kind of after sales service although with electronics, a galaxy tab.got in touch with ceo and head of customer services by email. got a quick response but they wanted me to pay 3800 pesos to replace a part when i could buy a newer model for 4600..was 6 months out of guarantee. i have offered to pay 2000, but they havent responded.not even the courtesy to say no.. bad all round.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:45 am

Wait. You had the refrigerator for 7 years. They retail about 2 grand or less today. Let's figure $2100 at the high end...thats $300 a year. We will never again see the 20 year life of appliances which we were used to in the past.

Not that I like it, just accept it. The portable phone set battery situation is a prime example. One goes, then the other 3 are not far behind. AT $20 bucks a battery and a life of 3 years its more cost effective to spend $100 on a new phone set at Costco. We are going thru this for the second time in 8 years in our house right now. It makes my husband spit nails to not just buy the batteries. Unfortunately the aggravation of locating the batteries isn't worth the energy.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:55 am

Solajijic

I'm not complaining about the life span of the fridge. A minor repair after 7 years is not unreasonable.

I'm not sure most people would consider 7 years as an acceptable life span for a major appliance.

I just wanna get the bloody thing fixed.

From the labels it's clearly been assembled or built in Mexico and was certainly sold here.

Why can't it be serviced??????????

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:08 am

It is clear that Samsung is not interested in servicing their products, they would rather have buy a new product after 7 years .
I had the same problem with a Maytag dryer, phoned 1-800 number and requested for service, they never came, I phoned back and they said they had a lot of work, after a week I gave p and called a local guy, he diagnosed the problem but it costs me 1400 pesos to geit it fixed. A new dryer is around 5k pesos, mine is only 2 yrs old.
I wonder what to do.

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down