INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest soccer news for Union Ajijic (game this Thursday, ball appeal + more)

4 posters

Go down

Latest soccer news for Union Ajijic (game this Thursday, ball appeal + more) Empty Latest soccer news for Union Ajijic (game this Thursday, ball appeal + more)

Post by TrueBrit Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:21 pm

First of all, there is going to be two games this Thursday (29th) at the lower field.  There will be a 6pm game for the ponies and the youth team play at 7:30pm (under the lights?).  We are making a new appeal for soccer balls, so if you can bring a number 5 soccer ball, that would be great. Photo ops will be available. The soccer balls from the last promo have been well used and used up.  The Wilson balls are not the most durable, but they take a licking for a while.  They undergo 3 hours of heavy pounding 6 days a week!

The new league we are involved in starts on Saturday.  There will be an official inauguration at 9am in Chapala at the municipal soccer field, followed by games in Chapala.  Not all the kids have transport , so if you can help transporting some kids to and from the event and the games, it would be appreciated.  We are meeting at 7:30am at the upper field.

There has also been some other news regarding the soccer school.  The professional Guad team Tecos wants to open (or merge with) a soccer school in Ajijic.  It hasn't been decided if we will take up their offer.  There is a cost involved and the patronato will pay - and supposedly there are some benefits to being part of the Tecos system.
However, there is a snowbird coach (Ed) who is due to return soon who has arranged tryouts at the first division team, Santos in Torreon.  Ed has some affiliation with Glasgow Celtic, Scotland's premiere team.  Celtic, in turn have some relationship with Santos.  Giovanni is concerned that any relationship with Tecos will jeopardize any possible relationship with Santos.  I think there is pressure from COMUDE (which is the government agency that promotes community sports) to affiliate with a professional club.  This is all my understanding, but as the majority of this story was told to me only in Spanish. my mileage may vary.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Latest soccer news for Union Ajijic (game this Thursday, ball appeal + more) Empty Re: Latest soccer news for Union Ajijic (game this Thursday, ball appeal + more)

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 am

So what is available in Soccer balls at Wal Mart?  I bought Wilson as I thought they looked best  but what
does a Gringo know about Soccer balls??   Got a better brand for a couple of bucks more?  Is that possible?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Latest soccer news for Union Ajijic (game this Thursday, ball appeal + more) Empty Re: Latest soccer news for Union Ajijic (game this Thursday, ball appeal + more)

Post by zenwoodle Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 am

As the Thursday event is being held at the lower field, I will not be selling beer to raise funds.

The Patronato operates a full bar at the lower field.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT be offended by their lower prices. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm

So far my sources say that Walmart does not have good balls.

Gio tells me there is a bicycle shop on Filipe Angeles (just north of Plaza Montagna).
They also sell balls. I will check them out manana.
The brand of balls is Azteca.

Hope to see some supporters at the game Thursday. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:59 pm

ZEN, Where is the field? I've gone thru some serious issues in the past week....I get lost going to Chapala! Time is?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Jim W wrote:ZEN, Where is the field?  I've gone thru some serious issues in the past week....I get lost going to Chapala!  Time is?  
Just go down revolucion from the regular field.
It is at the corner of Ocampo.
Ponies play at 6:00, Juvis (Inside Lakeside) at 7:30 Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:33 pm

I have just received a msg from one of the players that the ponies play at 5pm and the youths at 7pm. This may be the time the players have been asked to show up at the field. I am trying to confirm the correct times. It seems odd that there would be a 2 hour gap between the ponies game and the youth's game.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:18 am

Just checked with Gio - games are at 6 and 7:30pm

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down