INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GO Restaurant

4 posters

Go down

GO Restaurant Empty GO Restaurant

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 am

Well we just had our best meal ever here at the lake. It was at GO Restaurant. This restaurant is run by a master chef from Canada as sort of a hobby. He is only open from 6pm to 9pm and each week he does all his courses around a different theme. This week it was Middle Eastern food. By far (and I mean a long shot) it was the best masterly prepared and presented meal I have had down here. I had a bean soup from Lebanon, A shrimp couscous from Iraq and a citris chicken breast from Iran. My wife chose to have a rib-eye steak and said it was the best she has had here. Since I wanted to try as much as possible the chef put together a sampler plate for me. He is a great guy with many great stories to tell about his travels around the world. Our meal (for 2) including several drinks, coffee and desert (bananas foster) was $630 pesos which is a real bargain for this kind of gourmet food. The ambiance of the restaurant is superb and you get a wonderful view of the lake and Ajijic. Next week his theme is Cuban and the week after it is Japanese. We were with a party of 5 and everyone raved about their meals. This is our new favorite place. If you are looking for something completely different than #4 or Tangos I highly recommend this place.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

GO Restaurant Empty Re: GO Restaurant

Post by solajijic Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:58 am

Go is a fabulous restaurant and Peter Palmer "Pedro" rarely disappoints. We love his place but often its off our radar but that just means we have to go more often so we remember the pleasure of his food and ambiance. His steaks certainly rival Tango.

His previous location was in our daily traffic pattern and absolutely had the very best liver and onions along with most everything else he cooked. I asked him a couple years ago if he would do a whole night of just liver and onions with salad and sides if I put together 50 people and his staff could serve family-style, I got up to 38. Maybe I should dig out the list and add to it. I think I will call for reservations.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:13 am

CanuckBob wrote: best meal ever here at GO Restaurant.  run by a master chef  He is only open from 6pm to 9pm and each week a different theme.  the best masterly prepared and presented meal  a bean soup from Lebanon, A shrimp couscous from Iraq  a citris chicken breast from Iran. My wife chose  a rib-eye steak  the best she has had here.  the chef put together a sampler plate for me. Our meal including drinks, coffee and desert was $630 pesos  a real bargain  The ambiance of the restaurant is superb  Next week is Cuban. everyone raved about their meals. This is our new favorite place.  I highly recommend this place.
Beer  Bobinajijic ??  Eat yer heart out Johnnieboy .... Ajijic has a New Food Review Critique

Beer  Good Review Bob.... we're gonna have to get together and try it out.

How many stars do you give them?? Where is it ??
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:41 am

Peter is a great guy; had successful restaurants in Toronto. Has had at least three successful places here. His current joint is upstairs in his home, and with it he wanted to open a bistro-type experience for people who like to lounge and eat, like many places back home. It's a lot less stress for him than the previous full-service Pedro's Gourmet.

Pedro's Go Le Club is located halfway up the hill towards Min Wah, on the corner. #50 Emiliano Zapata, corner of Encarnacion Rosas.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:00 pm

hockables wrote:
CanuckBob wrote: best meal ever here at GO Restaurant.  run by a master chef  He is only open from 6pm to 9pm and each week a different theme.  the best masterly prepared and presented meal  a bean soup from Lebanon, A shrimp couscous from Iraq  a citris chicken breast from Iran. My wife chose  a rib-eye steak  the best she has had here.  the chef put together a sampler plate for me. Our meal including drinks, coffee and desert was $630 pesos  a real bargain  The ambiance of the restaurant is superb  Next week is Cuban. everyone raved about their meals. This is our new favorite place.  I highly recommend this place.
Beer  Bobinajijic ??  Eat yer heart out Johnnieboy .... Ajijic has a New Food Review Critique

Beer  Good Review Bob.... we're gonna have to get together and try it out.

How many stars do you give them??   Where is it ??
I give it 5 stars and think it is better than Tango's exotic dishes and easily rivals anything that #4 could muster, at half the price. To me #4 has always been way overpriced particularly their drink items. While Go's ambience is not quite as fancy as #4 it is a very pleasant atmosphere and Pedro spends a ton of time telling you about each dish, it's ingredients and it's origins. This guy knows his stuff. It is up the road beside Dona's Donuts on the way to Min Wah's.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down