INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar-B-Que service

+2
hockables
otrocanuck
6 posters

Go down

Bar-B-Que service Empty Bar-B-Que service

Post by otrocanuck Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 am

I am looking for someone who can service a propane bar-b-que. I only want to eliminate the regulator but finding the right pieces to do this might be a problem. Anyone know of a place that has a good assortment of brass fittings or is in the business of servicing gas appliances?
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Bar-B-Que service Empty Re: Bar-B-Que service

Post by hockables Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

Regulators/POL Valves

All LP grills are equipped with a pressure regulator which attaches between the grill control valves and the LP cylinder. The pressure output of the tank is much greater than the pressure required to operate the grill and the regulator reduces this pressure to a workable level. A regulator must be used in conjunction with an LP tank or the risk of explosion will occur. The P.O.L. valve is the connector that goes between the regulator and the tank. New model grills are equipped with a new style P.O.L. valve that is connected to the LP tank with a large Acme type nut.

Be VERY Careful when modifying a Propane System
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by otrocanuck Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks for the advise. This is a second regulator in the supply line, it came with the bbq because it is portable and can be used with a small cylinder. My application is in an entire house system with it's own regulator at the tank to regulate the entire system. The secondary regulator is causing a smaller then normal flame size therefore a cooler bbq. I am hoping by removing the second regulator that the heat will increase to where it should be, and still maintain a safe system with the regulator at the tank.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Solar Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Did you get it done OK?  

My own propane BBQ (regular size) came with a regulator; we removed it and it runs great from the house propane pressure, based on the main tank's regulator.    

Just a gas line hose and a couple of brass gas fittings were all that was needed.

If you want a great plumber who can do it for you, send me a PM.
Go Solar
Go Solar
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Punography

http://www.solartechnology.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:34 pm

IN the interest of your own safety and the safety of your guests hire a professional. Here, in BC it would be a licenced (sic) gas fitter. I would have to "pull a permit" and have it inspected on completion. This for installation. I had an experience with a renter that could have gone way bad. Spend the bucks. Rest easy.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:57 am

Ahhh........I see you haven't seen some of the work done by some of the "professionals" down here. I had a "professional" plumb a propane burner in one of my casitas and I can assure you next time I will be doing it myself. While the job is functional, the routing and pipe work looks like it was done by a 5 year old.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:05 pm

otrocanuck wrote:Thanks for the advise. This is a second regulator in the supply line, it came with the bbq because it is portable and can be used with a small cylinder. My application is in an entire house system with it's own regulator at the tank to regulate the entire system. The secondary regulator is causing a smaller then normal flame size therefore a cooler bbq. I am hoping by removing the second regulator that the heat will increase to where it should be, and still maintain a safe system with the regulator at the tank.
You only need the one regulator that is by the tank.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by otrocanuck Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Hire a "professional" - here is what the professional I hired to plumb it in here did - first thing cut off the approved factory propane end of the flexible supply line and joined it on with a barbed fitting and hose clamp. He did not remove the second regulator in the system, and caused the situation I am now trying to correct.
I know I can do better then that myself. My only problem is finding a place that stocks a good assortment of brass fittings so I can make the repair in a manner I know is right and safe.
I think the term professional here means someone who earns their living by working in that specific trade, it has nothing to do with any specific level of competency demonstrated by testing and experience, and recognized by a trade organization.
As a result anyone doing plumbing or working with plumbing tools appear to be able to call themselves plumbers.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down