INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad

+4
slainte39
Jim W
Pedro
hkrause
8 posters

Go down

Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad Empty Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad

Post by hkrause Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:40 pm

I recently needed a cardiac catheterization, and my doctor (Dr. Santiago Hernandez) recommended the above hospital, both for the facilities and staff, and for cost savings. It's in an older, run-down area of Guad, which looks pretty intimidating from the outside. However, the interior, facilities, rooms, etc are modern and very clean. The cardiac area is new with state-of-the-art equipment, and I'm told this hospital does a lot of heart procedures (possibly more than the newer, more visually appealing hospitals).

I decided to go with the recommendation, and was there for cardiac angiogram with overnight stay. I'd previously been there for a cardiac (chemical) stress test the week before. Before deciding, I tried to find photos and information online about the hospital and facilities, without success. Maybe I didn't look hard enough? But could also find no comments or discussion about this place on the board here.

My experience was excellent. The staff were all polite, caring and very competent. The outside made us somewhat nervous, and we decided to have a driver take us there and back rather than leave our car parked overnight. All other aspects were good, however, and I wanted to post some info in case anybody else is considering going there. The hospital portion is run by nuns, and charges for that are separate from the medical facilities. We selected their most expensive room, which is a "suite" with sleeping sofa and chairs partitioned off from the section with bed and visitor chairs. Price of the room was $2,000 MX and we felt it was very comfortable, although probably not as modern as some higher-end hospitals. Since this was our first experience in a Mexican hospital, I'm not sure how that pricing compares to other locations.

For anybody wanting to see pictures of the hospital portions we used, you can check this album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201936462483545.1073741843.1544023397&type=1&l=ab01a0138b

Heather

hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad Empty Re: Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad

Post by Pedro Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 am

yes. great modern little hospital. but it is your doctor that will recommend/select where he will do you. doc jose normally works at del carmen but he and santiago suggested trinidad as less costly. actually the equipment in this room is newer than del carmen where i have also been. i got lucky this time and a change in meds has done the trick instead of more stents. this is the op room you were in heather and that turkey santiago is trying to make me laugh while they are attempting to keep my femoral artery from erupting like an oil well.
Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad Hosp_t11
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Next thing we will have to look at is your floaters? god forbid!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:48 am

Jim W wrote:Next thing we will have to look at is your floaters?  god forbid!
You'll be relieved....I think they edited the photo...Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad 501432

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:11 am

hkrause wrote:I recently needed a cardiac catheterization, and my doctor (Dr. Santiago Hernandez) recommended the above hospital, both for the facilities and staff, and for cost savings. It's in an older, run-down area of Guad, which looks pretty intimidating from the outside. However, the interior, facilities, rooms, etc are modern and very clean. The cardiac area is new with state-of-the-art equipment, and I'm told this hospital does a lot of heart procedures (possibly more than the newer, more visually appealing hospitals).

I decided to go with the recommendation, and was there for cardiac angiogram with overnight stay. I'd previously been there for a cardiac (chemical) stress test the week before. Before deciding, I tried to find photos and information online about the hospital and facilities, without success. Maybe I didn't look hard enough? But could also find no comments or discussion about this place on the board here.

My experience was excellent. The staff were all polite, caring and very competent. The outside made us somewhat nervous, and we decided to have a driver take us there and back rather than leave our car parked overnight. All other aspects were good, however, and I wanted to post some info in case anybody else is considering going there. The hospital portion is run by nuns, and charges for that are separate from the medical facilities. We selected their most expensive room, which is a "suite" with sleeping sofa and chairs partitioned off from the section with bed and visitor chairs. Price of the room was $2,000 MX and we felt it was very comfortable, although probably not as modern as some higher-end hospitals. Since this was our first experience in a Mexican hospital, I'm not sure how that pricing compares to other locations.

For anybody wanting to see pictures of the hospital portions we used, you can check this album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201936462483545.1073741843.1544023397&type=1&l=ab01a0138b

Heather

That is a good price. San Jose and Del Carmen charge about $5000 pesos per day for the hospital portion. However, they are nicer than a Hilton hotel in the nice part of town.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:30 am

CanuckBob wrote:That is a good price. San Jose and Del Carmen charge about $5000 pesos per day for the hospital portion. However, they are nicer than a Hilton hotel in the nice part of town.
Yeah, this was more of a Holiday Inn than Hilton, but considering how old the building is (I think 120+ years old?), it was nicely renovated, functional, and comfortable. For an overnight stay, it was entirely adequate. I don't know if it's the case in all Mexican hospitals, having never been in one before, but I thought it was very nice that the nurses and staff were so considerate, always knocked and asked permission to enter, and didn't come in to pester you every couple of hours like in American hospitals (I always figured they took secret joy in making you "pay" for the work you caused them by engaging in sleep deprivation on the patients).

Pedro, many thanks for the photo and good laugh! Yep, definitely recognize the surroundings.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 pm

santa margarita also run by nuns could be a clone of trinidad. i got [1 stent ad 3 angioplasties] there. the flouroscope was a brand new ge and the one at trinidad was siemens. both units were newer looking than at del carmen and puerto de hierro. since these smaller hospitals have been around the larger ones seem to have dropped their prices. some docs charge more than others. at santa margarita, 2 surgeons and cardiologist diagnostition cost $30,000p and jose[angiogram]$40,000p and i can't remember what santiago charged.
Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad Hospit10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

I'm just glad things have turned out well in the cases mentioned above and the patients were pleased with the recommended hospital.

I have recommended using both of the hospitals mentioned above: Santa Margarita and Santisima Trinidad. But each for entirely different procedures.
Santa Margarita has BRAND NEW Operating rooms. Great for surgical procedures.
Santisima Trinidad has a BRAND NEW CATH lab on par with most used in the U.S.
Both hospitals have adequate personnel and facilities in the event an ICU is needed.

Thanks for sharing the photos and information.
Wishing you the best of health always.

Dr. Hernandez.
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm

the cath lab in santa margarita is also brand new.Hospital De La Santisima Trinidad 2_surg10
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Who was taking the pictures?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:07 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Who was taking the pictures?
Another question is why someone would post pictures of themselves being operated on.

sir

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:18 pm

sir wrote:
espíritu del lago wrote:Who was taking the pictures?
Another question is why someone would post pictures of themselves being operated on.
which raises the philosophical question "why not?" shows the op rooms mentioned here in action-eh!
wanna see pics from the first post op biker party in hosp.puerto hierro?SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:37 pm

I think the first pic shows Pedro's good side. Very Happy 
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder