INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Delta use hand search or X-ray when checking luggage?

+3
CanuckBob
zenwoodle
sm1mex
7 posters

Go down

Does Delta use hand search or X-ray when checking luggage? Empty Does Delta use hand search or X-ray when checking luggage?

Post by sm1mex Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:42 am

Anyone flying Delta lately, did they hand search your luggage or was it checked to be put through the new X-ray machine?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Does Delta use hand search or X-ray when checking luggage? Empty Re: Does Delta use hand search or X-ray when checking luggage?

Post by zenwoodle Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:56 am

We flew with them in June, and they were using the x-ray.
No hand searches.Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Does Delta use hand search or X-ray when checking luggage? Empty Re: Does Delta use hand search or X-ray when checking luggage?

Post by sm1mex Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:02 am

Great. I'll take that into account for the check in time at the counter.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 am

I think they are all using x-ray to check the luggage now . I haven't seen "hand check" at any of the check-in lines for quite some time.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:10 pm

I flew out Volaris to San Jose CA on Sept. 15 and they were still hand checking check-in baggage @ Guad.

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Some of the Mexican airlines are still hand searching as it is cheaper than using the new more
like the US systems that all the US airlines use. It was in the Informador a while ago. Sorry
don't remember more.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Yes, a couple of Mexican airlines, Aero Mexico and Volaris, won't use the X-ray because it costs 12 pesos to X-ray each bag, so they are still using hand search. If no hand search for Delta I can budget my time at the airport better before the flight since we won't have to wait in line for hand search checking in will be quicker.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:06 pm

So why does it matter?   What are you smuggling?  Please don't say camera film is an issue! Question sounds like a past star trecker member might ask!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:16 pm

At the speed the hand searches were being conducted the last time we flew out of Guadalajara on Volaris, they are paying more than $12MXN per bag. It is called job security!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:32 am

I need to judge my wait time at the airport, ie: 2 1/2 hours vs. 3 hours. If there is no hand search, the check in will go faster and I will not need to arrive at the airport as early, as if I had to wait in line for hand search. That's all I needed this info for. Thanks for the comments.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down