INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Every Thing There is a Season

+15
David
goatrope
cane
benjji
CanuckBob
bimini6
Mainecoons
martygraw
Lehrer
bobnliz
locogringo
Carry Bean
Peter
gringal
hound dog
19 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 5 Empty Re: To Every Thing There is a Season

Post by bobnliz Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Lehrer wrote:Damn! Now he has a single star!!!

If he posted one paragraph at a time, it would make it easier for me to read PLUS it would count toward future stars for him!!!

"Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6De2jamv1ks

I believe that Gringal has made this point to the Dawg several times, and apparently it has fallen on deaf ears, so to speak.
I'm afraid the problem lies with an orifice stuck in the "ON" position. We should try WD40. Lizzy

bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 5 Empty Re: To Every Thing There is a Season

Post by gringal Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:35 pm

It is said that most problems are solved by duct tape or WD 40.

Probably true. Resistol and a glue gun takes care of the rest.
IMO, Dawg is a welcome addition to the sandbox but needs to earn his stars like the rest of the gang. flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:53 am

Mens locker room "humor"? And here I thought Dawg was a Southern Gentleman at heart.

'Dawg', is truly the most Southern Gentleman you will ever find in this hell hole we exist in. SO, enjoy it while you can, it is the gift of the powers that be......... so we are blessed!!! Time is a most funny thing.............................................................

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 5 374777 cheers cheers cheers Shocked Shocked
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 am

He got the Dawg Star for not being Sirius. Too funny!

I have been posting very sporadically to MexCon lately so I could join the fun and my friends over here. That was right after earning my Veteran status over there, which was all just coincidence. Since it appeared I was homeless for a time (not really, I've been hiding out over here. Ssshhh...) a few boards have been courting me - I enjoy the attention, BTW - and have been doing some for an international site like ATS but as the lowliest of lows and would take more time than I have to build creds over there. So now I've been spreading myself too thin. Seems it may be awhile before I get any more stars here, but that's OK because this is a fun place.

Best keep the Dawg with one star. He'd work extra hard trying to keep the elite status of ZERO stars by doing more of what he feels got him that unique (dis)honor. But maybe he would be the most brilliant by being the brightest single star on the board.

Be Sirius Dawg.

Last edited by Peter on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That's the way I am.)
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:58 am

I humbly beg the pardon of swamp rats everywhere. The comparison was unfair and slanderous. Clearly I have to dig a lot lower.

Blackeye
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm sure you are forgiven, MC: pardoned by swamp rats everywhere for that unfortunate slip of the tongue.
Clearly, begging forgiveness was a good step in the right direction. lol! Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Lehrer wrote:New Category: "Bad Dawg" (with NO stars) -- ROFLMAO!!!!
lol!
Y'all don't seem to understand: hound dog wasn't being any more offensive than the TSA at the airport! But they wear blue gloves, I understand. Was that your former profession, Dawg?
Twisted Evil

Well, I don´t know about you Lehrer but I rarely fly anywhere anymore except between Paris and Mexico City and the last time I took that flight I was so taken by the TSA agent who felt me up in Paris I started to stay there for good but I didn´t go for his three day stubble and I had three free drink tickets plus a ham sandwich if I got on the flight to Mexico City.

I had second thoughts despite his accomplished hands and got on the flight with my darlin´ wife probably because I find her so intimidating. Beer
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Now just to be fair it should be noted that the Dawg had actually reached his 5 star Share Holder status by virtue of his 80 posts not from whining to management. It just happened to be a coincident. So based on that I am bestowing him with his well earned 5 stars however he will retain his special Bad Dawg moniker as it is most fitting. His avatar is actually a picture of my own beloved Chihuahua, Diego. Not a microwave treat Gringal.....LOL. If Mr. Dawg wishes to delete or change his avatar he is welcome to do so through his profile set-up or by sending me a PM.

Beer

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Now just to be fair it should be noted that the Dawg had actually reached his 5 star Share Holder status by virtue of his 80 posts not from whining to management. It just happened to be a coincident. So based on that I am bestowing him with his well earned 5 stars however he will retain his special Bad Dawg moniker as it is most fitting. His avatar is actually a picture of my own beloved Chihuahua, Diego. Not a microwave treat Gringal.....LOL. If Mr. Dawg wishes to delete or change his avatar he is welcome to do so through his profile set-up or by sending me a PM.

Beer

Bob

CB:

Dawg is deeply touched and the avatar is entirely appropriate. No stars seem a correct gauge of Dawg´s character to me. Who the hell affronted Dawg with the "awarding " of a star without consulting with me? Well, fortunately for me I quickly forget what is currently irritating me so let´s just call it a day.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:17 am

I don't think Dawg wanted to be Sirius anyway.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:57 am

I think a photo of a Rottweiller pissing on a Ferrari would be more representative.

Beer
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:29 am

We have one vote here for the Rottweiller-Ferrari combo. Anybody got another suggestion? bounce Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:05 am

The mutt truck when it arrived Ajijic from San Francisco.

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 5 Shanty-onatruck-774750

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:03 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:57 pm

For the totally class-deprived, there is also a Paris, CA, out in Riverside county.

That mutt-mobile needs a hound on the porch.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:15 pm

If I squint my eyes....and picture a rather rotund Rottweiller...it works for me too! Beer

Cousin Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:17 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Lehrer wrote:
gringal wrote:For the totally class-deprived, there is also a Paris, CA, out in Riverside county.
And New York, and Illinois, and Tennessee.... Any others????
lol!

For total class-deprivation the one near Riverside has to be high on the list. Those might even be upscale communities in those other locations.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:55 pm

A work opportunity took us to Temecula in the nineties.......and of course, who could resist driving out to Paris? OMIGOD. It's probably a good thing to see the "other side" once in a while, for purposes of perspective.

Rottweiler? Even a rotund one? Naaah. I'm working on the proper canine vision here. Stay tuned. Suspect

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:44 pm

gringal wrote:A work opportunity took us to Temecula in the nineties.......and of course, who could resist driving out to Paris? OMIGOD. It's probably a good thing to see the "other side" once in a while, for purposes of perspective.

Rottweiler? Even a rotund one? Naaah. I'm working on the proper canine vision here. Stay tuned. Suspect

The only work opportunity Dawg can remember in Temecula was the fellow or fellowette driving the bus to the food stamp office every Tuesday.

Back in the poverty stricken Alabama Dawg remembers from the 1940s and early 1950s, people were so tired of surviving on squirrel guts and collard greens covered with KARO Syrup they would have welcomed, as they did, a poisonous and absolutely polluting German chemical factory run out of Bavaria on a rail because of their irresponsibility to turn their waterways and esturaries into dead seas because I´ll tell you this folks, if you have nothing to eat, no decent air to breathe and no way to purify the waters offered you for sustenance ,no matter how polluted, and the water you drink and the air you breathe, no matter how toxic, beats, in the short run, no water or food at all are what you have - that´sthe way it is for you. People who are sanctimonious on this subject have never felt the jaws of hunger and hopelessness twisting their guts.

When I am in Chiapas my heart bleeds for folks living there but the average Mexican in Jalisco considers them scum. Racism is alive and well here.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Racism is endemic all over the World. Remember that Kingston Trio tune? It began: "They're fighting in Africa....." and finished up with:
"The whole World is festering with unhappy souls....
the French hate the Germans,
the Germans hate the Poles.

And we can be certain that some lucky day....
Someone will set the spark off....
And we will all be blown away.

It doesn't seem like anything has changed, excepting some of the names.
Human Nature being what it is, what do you think our chances are for Peace, anywhere? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:13 pm

gringal wrote:For the totally class-deprived, there is also a Paris, CA, out in Riverside county.

That mutt-mobile needs a hound on the porch.

The "Paris" in Riverside county is spelled Perris. The Paris Ca is an old whistle stop on the railroad between the San Fernando valley and Palmdale. Near the community of Acton. This is in northern L.A. county. Went to school in Acton and Newhall.
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:30 pm

bobnliz wrote:
Human Nature being what it is, what do you think our chances are for Peace, anywhere? Lizzy
None, as long as those folks in Ajijic remain so uppity! razberry
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:35 pm

And we can be certain that some lucky day....
Someone will set the spark off....
And we will all be blown away.

It doesn't seem like anything has changed, excepting some of the names.

A miracle, they do occur......... Think............. I am sure sooner or later one occurred or maybe not. When you need one it will happen. That is the law of the bad, bad world we exist in! To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 5 477249
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:51 pm

hound dog wrote:
When I am in Chiapas my heart bleeds for folks living there but the average Mexican in Jalisco considers them scum. Racism is alive and well here.

You found that broad brush you used to be so prolific with in your early years in this country.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:22 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next