INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importation of Classic Cars

4 posters

Go down

Importation of Classic Cars Empty Importation of Classic Cars

Post by Ezzie Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:53 am

I read on Tio Corp's web site that there are provisions within Aduana that will allow the importation of a "classic" car with a duty exemption. Has anyone here done that and can describe the process and limitations? I have a 43 yr. old Japanese car I would like to bring down from Canada and be able to "legally" drive it on the roads here in Mexico.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Importation of Classic Cars Empty Re: Importation of Classic Cars

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 am

Given Tio Corp's past transgressions, I would have a very difficult believing anything they state either on a website or in person. This was posted yesterday on a different forum regarding their refund policy for people who paid to have their cars nationalized:
""I went to Tiocorp to collect my 50% refund and was asked to sign a release that accepted this as a total refund. It also offered me a discount on future insurance. I refused to sign the release because:
1) I have never carried my insurance through them and refuse to be blackmailed into doing so,

2) Since I couldn’t get my car nationalized, I was forced to sell it and no longer own a car and therefore have no need of car insurance, and

3) I refuse to sign away my rights to a full refund. After many requests to discuss this with someone with the power to do something, I finally received an email form Cyr telling me that I’d better accept the money now or they would pay it to someone else.

After negotiating, he finally sent me a different paper to sign - still stinks - but does not give up my rights to a refund in the future when they have the money. "

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:30 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Given Tio Corp's past transgressions, I would have a very difficult believing anything they state either on a website or in person. 
One of the reasons why I have asked my question above.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Yes provisions can be made for a vehicle older than 30 years.  There are several in town who have done this and its relatively simple but costs money and is done at the border.  Send a PM and I will give your name and contact info to 2 people.  Or every once in a while in the Reporter there is an ad for a classic car concourse here abouts or in Guadalajara.  Its likely those people could know.  

We wanted to bring a 62 el Dorado Cadillac but the cost was huge in 2005. Still wish we had.

In Joco there is a fellow selling a classic  '59 Kharma Ghia, in burgundy, you can see it here https://www.facebook.com/alberto.nuneznavarro...he may know.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:39 pm

can't get yer link sola
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content