INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local petty crimes going on

+19
zenwoodle
mielicita
Zedinmexico
Grizzy
Gamina
smint
itsme
LauraH
Seventyseven
solajijic
brigitte
Hensley
Ms.Thang
David
Jim W
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
CanuckBob
simpsca
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Local petty crimes going on Empty Local petty crimes going on

Post by simpsca Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 am

Two friends and I have been the victims of petty crimes in the past two weeks starting the beginning to November.  

1 - I had a full tank of gas. Was out doing errands. And I noticed my tank said almost empty. Went to the gas station to get gas, pulled the release for the gas door and it wouldn't open. The attendant had to use his key to pry it open. I went to my mechanic to see what was wrong and he said someone pried your gas tank door open (and they syphoned off most of the gas). Mechanic fixed my bent gas door and sold me a locking screw on gas cap.

2 - Friends in SJC got up in the morning, they live on the lake in SJC. At the end of the yard where the lake meets the yard they had a long row of huge crown of thorns plants.   All the plants had the branched cut off, main plant still there but branches gone and one in a pot broken. This was done at night while they were sleeping. You can root crown of thorn from the cuttings and there are many shops in town that sell them.

3- A friend brought her feria artists to her home in SJC and unloaded the car. Parked the car out front due to gardeners mess in the cochera. In the hurry forgot to lock the car. In the morning when she went to take her guests to the feria her car wouldn't start. She called a cab to get them there. As she was leaving she noticed the hood wasn't shut all the way and when she looked in the battery was gone. Also the car had been rifled and there was a knife found in the car that wasn't hers.

So beware - lots of stuff going on and report crimes you know about to Lake Chapala Crime: http://www.lakechapalacrime.com/
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Local petty crimes going on Empty Re: Local petty crimes going on

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:06 am

2 weeks ago, we had our Garmin stolen out of the glove box at the Monday Market. My wife had forgotten to lock the van and I suspect the "parking guy" took quick note of that and acted quickly. He didn't touch or take anything else and even closed the glove box so she wouldn't notice anything when she got back to the van. It was that little pendejo, Angelo. He is the one who always hangs around Superlake offering to polish your headlights and help you park. Be aware of that one for sure.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:45 am

Is he the car wash guy at Superlake with the mustache? Fortunately don't keep anything of value in the car except when shopping and then stuff is in the trunk. Will be more careful when he is around to lock the car. We all make mistakes when we get tired.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:56 am

No moustache. He is younger, heavy set kid with curly hair. He's been pulling the scams around Chapala and Ajijic since he was a little kid.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:03 pm

CanuckBob wrote:No moustache. He is  younger, heavy set kid with curly hair. He's been pulling the scams around Chapala and Ajijic since he was a little kid.
I know he "keyed" my van once and then tried to get me to pay him to take it out.
He frequently hangs in front of MBE as the car wash guys at Super Lake run him off. Also shows up Farmacía Guadalajara once in a while.  Bob is right, this guy is bad news.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:25 pm

He has become increasingly aggressive over the years too. I stopped shopping at Farmacia Guadalajara when he hung out there.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:39 pm

I've seen him working near Cruz Roja and Super Lake the same day. With a fresh crop of snow birds coming in, he will have EZ pickins for a while!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:40 pm

He's not allowed at SuperLake. All the "approved" guy have badges from Pancho.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Good for Pancho!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:31 pm

OK I know who he is. He's been aggressive since he was a child hanging out in parking lots.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:19 pm

CanuckBob wrote:2 weeks ago, we had our Garmin stolen out of the glove box at the Monday Market. My wife had forgotten to lock the van and I suspect the "parking guy" took quick note of that and acted quickly. He didn't touch or take anything else and even closed the glove box so she wouldn't notice anything when she got back to the van. It was that little pendejo, Angelo. He is the one who always hangs around Superlake offering to polish your headlights and help you park. Be aware of that one for sure.
He told me his name was Tony...Antonio. Said he lives in Guadalajara and has 4 kids.
He scrubbed off some skid marks on my truck after I told him not to do it. Then He wanted to charge me $ $80.00. Ha! Instead he got an earful about what people think of him and he would do better business if he wasn't always trying to rip people off and being so aggressive . He managed to look appropriately mortified but it was all an act. That guy needs to go.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 am

6 years ago we parked in Guad Farmacia next to an old beater car, got out and he asked if he could wash our car, I said no gracias.
When we came out there was a long black mark down the whole side of our car and he said the car that was parked next to us left and hit our car he saw it, and he had this magic potion that would remove the mark.
I looked at the car next to us and it was the same one we parked by. For some unknown reason I grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and started hauling up to the corner where Alberto the kissing cop was, boy did that kid change his story and get the magic potion out and clean the car up for nothing.
To this day he looks at me and stays away.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:48 am

Way to go Hensley!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:51 am

His name is Tonio. He is a street kid, he lies like he breathes and cannot be trusted.

I have know him for 13 years so since he was about 10 and he has told us more stories than anything else over the last 13 years.his father was in jail and he was working to help his mother..then a nice Canadian became his lover and bought him a bicycle, then was going to buy him a car but he got his girlfriend pregnant and had a son (scary), then many kids, then he was on drugs...
When he was small he had at least 4 birthdays a year, one day I gave him a birthday car with a little money and he told me there was no money in the enveloppe . My husband told him off and he is scared of him to this day. He was very rude to a Mexican friend of mine and I told him off as well so now he does not see us which is wonderful-
The kid was brought up on the street, it is a sad story but you unfortunately cannot trust him who know what his story really is ..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:32 pm

I just saw him inside Superlake yesterday. I was checking out - he was talking to the cashier and wouldn't move so I could push my cart through - had to ask him to move. I wondered what he was doing there unless Pancho wasn't - didn't check.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:55 pm

He is wasing cars in that parking lot and is as obnoxious as ever but ignores me so that is a plus.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:15 pm

It would be bad news if he is indeed back washing cars in that lot. If I see him, I just leave. He is too obnoxious and creepy.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:35 pm

I pay him once a year in April to never talk to me.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:04 pm

The cashier is his girlfriend. He was in superlake on monday afternoon.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:29 pm

He is NOT washing cars in front of SuperLake. The car washers all have badges from Poncho, he doesn't have one. Which cashier is his girlfriend? There are several cashiers.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraH Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:53 pm

David wrote:He is NOT washing cars in front of SuperLake.  The car washers all have badges from Poncho, he doesn't have one.  Which cashier is his girlfriend?  There are several cashiers.

He wanted to polish my headlights in front of SuperLake. What difference does it make which cashier is his girlfriend?

LauraH

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:47 pm

There are many degrees of "girl friend", from casually talking to a girl to sleeping with y/o supporting one.
As much difference as there was in the last 3 posts going from the definitive statement that "she is" to "what difference does it make".
It makes one   scratch lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:34 am

It doesn't make a difference except that I know most of them and I'd be surprised if one of them was his "girlfriend."
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 am

David wrote:It doesn't make a difference except that I know most of them and I'd be surprised if one of them was his "girlfriend."

¡De acuerdo!....because if she was his "girl friend", she wouldn't be intelligent enough to operate the cash register.    Rolling Eyes

So, it does make a difference.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:15 pm

lol! 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder