INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Warming

+10
slainte39
Mad_Max
Zedinmexico
jrm30655
Smartalex
CheenaGringo
CHILLIN
Flamingo
Pedro
sundown
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Global Warming  - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming

Post by hockables Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:26 am

Flamingo wrote:Ah, you clearly missed Don Aitken's excellent presentation on climate change last Sunday at Open Circle. Rest assured there is still a serious problem with the vast majority of the scientific community saying there is a 95-100% certainty that humans are causing the problem.

Beer The Rev Jim Jones had a solution for that....  Beer 

hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:38 am

The nicest thing about LED bulbs is that you can phase them in one bulb at a time. Replace the hard to reach areas first - I don't have to tell you how many people get injured climbing ladders. One LED will replace 50 ladder trips for an incandescent. I pay 150 pesos minimum for a handyman and extra tall ladder - again, do the math.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:03 am

Pedro wrote:oh, and let's discuss the incandescent bulb stough while we're at it. canada will effectively ban the hundred watt in jan. and the us has already done so and eu long before that. the rest[wattages] are gonna follow. an incandescent is 30 cents in canada and the equivelant super duper GREEN thang is about 30 bucks but subsidized by the gummint in the short term. the new expensive CFL wonder bulb has now been determined to be a hazard because of it's mercury component-SNORK!
last year i read the incandescent is going to be phased out in mexico too. anybody know when, so i can start stockpiling hundred watt bulbs? by the way the carbon foot print and contribution of home lighting to greenhouse gases is practically zilch. ZILCH is a highly technical and scientifical measurement term.

I have been stocking up for years now, saying that I use many sources of lighting! CFL natural light,LED and don't laugh candles and oil lamps. Lets not forget the fireplace that keeps us warm! Hell I even use spot solar. In my area I still find incandescent bulbs, but the supply is dwindling. I  not telling  my local sources but if interested here is some info. I have plenty to last for quite some time because I only use a few where I need them, when I need them. Believe it or not there is a underground black-market light bulb market. I mean people stockpiled these right along side guns, ammo and food. A lot of people are not expecting the US Government to step in and help us if and when a disaster strikes. It is not unique to Texas, it is a worldwide  society of people who plan for them an their family.   Surte 

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/future-dims-for-incandescent-bulb-despite-texas-un/nTkkP/ wrote:The federal legislation succeeded in exposing customers to the benefits of higher-efficiency bulbs, but the phase-out process has been confusing, said Kelly McGary, manager of The Light Bulb Shop in North Austin.
McGary sells just about every type of light bulb used in Austin through her small shop on Burnet Road, from new LED Christmas lights to old-school sodium bulbs and 1,500-watt, high-intensity bulbs that look like glass footballs.
She’s not sure how much longer the remaining incandescent bulbs in her shop will be available — maybe a year, she speculated. The conversion process has been muddy, she said.
Manufacture and importation of traditional 100-watt incandescent bulbs ceased on Jan. 1, 2012, but retailers can still sell them as long as the bulbs were made or imported prior to that date. The new standards began to be applied to 75-watt bulbs on Monday and will be extended to 60- and 40-watt bulbs on Dec. 31, 2013, said Anne Guertin, spokeswoman for light bulb manufacturer Osram Sylvania, in an email.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 am

It'll be a cold day in hell before I start debating global warming with the likes of sundown.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 am

A cold day in hell and global warming in the same sentence. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:32 am

slainte39 wrote:A cold day in hell and global warming in the same sentence. lol!

SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 am

slainte39 wrote:A cold day in hell and global warming in the same sentence. lol! lol!  that was funny ..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:51 am

The earth has been thru several ice ages and has rewarmed. How did it do that without Al Gore?

Goggle Maunder Minimum and explain that.

If you took all the people in the world and put them in TX, they would all fit and no one would be able to touch anyone else.

Manmade global warming is a fake crisis to get taxes.

There are 4 times the mass of insects in the world as there are humans. Maybe we can blame it on the insects and tax them......

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 am

jrm30655 wrote:The earth has been thru several ice ages and has rewarmed.  How did it do that without Al Gore?

If you took all the people in the world and put them in TX, they would all fit and no one would be able to touch anyone else.

There are 4 times the mass of insects in the world as there are humans.  Maybe we can blame it on the insects and tax them......

Gee - when was the last insect census. You do have an option you know - to get informed - or NOT. Your choice. Just realize how you sound to others. Of course there have been ice ages - the earth's climate is not static. Your choice on whether you choose to be informed - or continue to be.........
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:31 am

As Albert Einstein stated: “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.”

Or as stated by Terry Pratchett: "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 am

jrm30655 wrote:The earth has been thru several ice ages and has rewarmed.  How did it do that without Al Gore?

There are 4 times the mass of insects in the world as there are humans.  Maybe we can blame it on the insects and tax them......
yes, them insects[ants in particular] sure build a lot of factories and burn stough like coal, wood and earl. they also herd aphids which fart a lot.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2