INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off

+12
Rosa Venus
gvprod
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
sparks
texunsam
lunateak
joyfull
shana
zenwoodle
CanuckBob
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off Empty 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:22 am

The 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook-Off charity chili challenge will take place February 14, 15 & 16 at Tobolandia in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico. we would like to personally invite you to participate in the 36th year of this extraordinary event.

THIS YEAR THE SALSA COMPETITION RETURNS!!!!!!

Sign-up for the Salsa competition and the new OPEN Chili, and OPEN Margarita competitions and we hope you will join us for this year's events.

Both the Chili and Margarita Competitions will be 2 day events with the winners being the best of the 2 days. Competitors may enter both days if they wish and their best score will be counted.

Entries are limited to 10 for each day's featured competition and will be accepted on a first come basis, so please enter as early as possible. Your entry fee of 250 pesos is due before January 21/14.

Friday, Feb. 14/14 is the Salsa & Margarita Competition. There will be ten competitors for each event. Any variety of Salsa or Margarita is acceptable and will be judged by the public. Salsa awards will be trophies and certificates.

Saturday, Feb. 15/14 is the Chili & Margarita Competition. There will be ten competitors for each event. Any variety of Chili or Margarita is acceptable and will be judged by the public. Margarita awards will be trophies and certificates.

Sunday, Feb. 16/14 is the last day of Chili Competition. There will be ten competitors. Any variety of Chili is acceptable and will be judged by the public. Chili awards will be trophies and certificates.

As in past years, we will furnish all tasting supplies: Palate cleansers, cups, spoons, napkins and of course, ballots. We will also supply the tequila for the Margarita competitors. You just need to furnish enough Chili (5 gallons), Salsa or Margaritas to satisfy more than 500 hungry & thirsty voters and it can be prepared in advance.

In recent years there have been a number of last minute cancellations and no shows. This year Salsa and Chili competitors who attend and compete will have their entry fees refunded. There will be no refund for Margarita competitors as they have their tequila supplied as part of their entry fee.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off Empty Re: 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off

Post by zenwoodle Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 am

Is the parade on the Saturday?  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off Empty Re: 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 am

Yes it is.

For more info you can either click on the banner or go directly to the website at www.mexicannationalchilicookoff.com

NOTE: Not all the events have been posted on the website yet as we are still arranging things.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:18 am

There will be a table set up at the LCS this Friday to solicit for volunteers and participants for the 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook-off. If you want to volunteer or be a contestant you can sign up there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Bob,
I got a request asking me to volunteer for an organization.  Before I was willinging to commit to them I wanted to find out if I was needed to work for the Chile Cookoff Organization as I had worked in the cashier's office last year.  
I sent out an email with days and times I am available and have heard nothing back.
Ann

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:20 pm

I am not sure about the cash office Ann. Send an email to Dave Paterson at mexicannationalchilecookoff@gmail.com

On that note we are still looking for general volunteers to work from 1:30pm to 5:00pm on all three days (Feb. 14, 15 & 16). If you can help out please send me a PM.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:13 am

Last year I sent out a request (in the proper format) to participate as a chili participant. Sent it months in advance and never heard a word. Guess they have their favorite cooks each year and don't deviate. The least they could have done is contact me and said no. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off 18717
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 am

I can assure you there are no "favorite" cooks. The application must not have gone through or something. If you are interested this year just let me know and I will ensure everything goes smoothly.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 am

We are still looking for a few more volunteers and chili cooks for this event.

It is a fun few days and for some very worthy causes.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:43 am

joyfull wrote:Last year I sent out a request (in the proper format) to participate as a chili participant. Sent it months in advance and never heard a word. Guess they have their favorite cooks each year and don't deviate. The least they could have done is contact me and said no. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. 2014 Mexican National Chili Cook Off 18717

CanuckBob wrote:I can assure you there are no "favorite" cooks. The application must not have gone through or something. If you are interested this year just let me know and I will ensure everything goes smoothly.

There you go, Joyful, no excuses. SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by texunsam Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:52 am

Yippe, we are planning our first trip down to the area, and am delighted to see our trip will match up with the Chili Cookoff. Will plan on attending.

texunsam

Humor : Funny

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am

This event starts on Friday, Feb. 14/14 and runs for 3 days. Gates open at 11:00am. If you have never attended this is a must see event. Lots to do and see.

You can check everything out at: www.mexicannationalchilicookoff.com
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:15 am

Kinda pushing it with the "Mexican National" aren't they
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:20 am

sparks wrote:Kinda pushing it with the "Mexican National" aren't they

Well, it's not the "Jamaica National".      lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:07 pm

sparks wrote:Kinda pushing it with the "Mexican National" aren't they

Well they have been "pushing it" for 36 years now so kind of late to object now.........jajaja!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Call it whatever you want to call it. Look what an ambicious name has done for the "World Series."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Hey, if it's working, don't fix it.
 flag waver 

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:00 pm

A route map for the parade would be nice.  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:44 pm

My Dad Francis L Hopper was one of the first participants.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 pm

zenwoodle wrote:A route map for the parade would be nice.  Beer 

According to a map in Redes del Lago, from Aquiles Serdan at Ocamplo....east down Ocampo/Constitución, north on Encaración Rosas to the carretera, then west on the Carretera to Tobolandia.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:36 am

What are the competition/tastings for each of the days? First post here doesn't seem to agree with the website, which seems to indicate the only day for actual chili is on Saturday. Can somebody confirm what food competitions there are each day? Thanks!

hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:12 am

Friday was Margarita's
Saturday is Chili (12:00pm to 3:00pm)
Sunday is Salsa (12:00pm to 3:00pm)

We had to cut back on the days for each event as there wasn't enough competitors entered. Next year we really have to step it up to get people interested in competing.

We hope to see everyone there!!!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:36 am

Thanks, CBob. We were there yesterday and had a great time. Got our chili fix at the other food vendors.
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:23 pm

The chili cook off is great this year. Well attended, nice variety of vendors, good food, entertainment and convenient parking...I got to meet CBob!.
And it's all for a good cause. Check it out!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Today was extremely well attended. Looked like everyone was having a great time. If you haven't come out yet, Sunday is the last day. If you have already attended then just come back for another go around and a few beers in the food court. I suspect a lot of the vendors may be marking stuff down versus packing it all up.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next