INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a plumber who can be trusted to fix propane problems

3 posters

Go down

I need a plumber who can be trusted to fix propane problems Empty I need a plumber who can be trusted to fix propane problems

Post by Mainecoons Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm being really careful here because I had a plumber install a gas line and it was full of leaks because he didn't sweat the joints properly and didn't check his work. I need a plumber who specifically is experienced in working on propane problems. I think this one is pretty simple, it appears that either the regulator or the guage attached to it on top of the tank has a leak.

Thanks!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

I need a plumber who can be trusted to fix propane problems Empty Re: I need a plumber who can be trusted to fix propane problems

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Add soap to water and pour it over valve and such and you will see where the leak is.
Don't forget to soap gauge as my leak was surprisingly in the gauge.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

I need a plumber who can be trusted to fix propane problems Empty Re: I need a plumber who can be trusted to fix propane problems

Post by Mainecoons Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:47 pm

My leak was in the guage too and it was very hard to find. But find it we did.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:50 pm

If it's at the tank have your gas man deal with it.  I had a similar problem, it was the regulator.  He changed it out quickly and the cost was low.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:15 pm

I called the gas man, he sent his brother whose nose was apparently broken as he couldn't smell the obvious gas smell. I asked him for a number of a gas plumber and he gave me one. I called the guy, he showed up exactly as promised, determined that the gas guage was leaking, changed it.

A good guy. Chui, 3331563991. Reasonable and reliable.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:00 am

I have seen good gas guys and bad ones. None of them found leak in Gauge. I finally
just soaped the whole tank and retighted the screws on the gauge. So you folks with
the gauge with the four screws it is time to tighten them if both Maine and I had the
same problem.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down