INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futbol games

2 posters

Go down

Futbol games Empty Futbol games

Post by TrueBrit Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:10 pm

After a slow start to the league, we will start a full season weekend after next (16th).  We have played 2 and won 2 and we are currently in 4th place.  Because we had a bye last weekend, most of the other teams have played an extra game (they will sit out their games later in the season) they have more points, but I believe we are the only team that has not dropped a point.  Teams above us have dropped points with draws.  We should have been playing this weekend (away- so we are not missing anything), but that team dropped out.  We automatically get a victory and the three points.  Now the following Sunday (16th), we play one of the top two teams - the Bandeleras from Puerta Vallarta.  I believe they won the Guadalajara tournament that Zen and I attended.  So that should be a cracker of a match.  I will post the time when I know more.
There is a possibility of a friendly this weekend against a Guad team (who invited us to play in a cheaper league - doh!) but at this point we don't know if it is at Guad or here - so holding your breath will only get you a blue face.

One of the ponies, Brian, has a cousin who also used to play for Union Ajijic before being paralyzed OVERNIGHT by a viral infection in the spine and brain.  This happened a couple of years ago.  His family were struggling at best caring for the lad and 8 months ago, his father died.  This kid, Mario, can just about make it to the end of the street with a walker - but still has no control over bodily functions.  I can't imagine being housebound, 15, in diapers, having recently lost his dad.  He has one lifeline - a golf cart that he can manage to drive with the power in his legs.  It is his only escape from the house.  And it has fallen into disrepair - it needs new batteries and a service and obviously the family can't afford it.  Take a look at this site I made for him the other night which explains more and has fotos of his situation.  http://prylett.wix.com/help4mario.  The kids lives around the corner from Perry's fish restaurant, so we might have a venue to do something and Perry is amenable.  Take a look and see what you think.  And if you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.  I've kicked in $250 to get the ball rolling, but I'm estimating we need $1500 to extract the misery from this kid's life.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Futbol games Empty Re: Futbol games

Post by zenwoodle Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:01 am

I will be at Perrys for lunch on Thursday ( from 1:00 until ?) and if you can help, meet me there and let's make Mario mobile again.
I just realised what I typed there.
Make Mario Mobile  Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down