INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another sad story

5 posters

Go down

Another sad story Empty Another sad story

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Someone dumped their boxer off it our fracc. to fend for itself. I fed it off and on as did some of the other neighbors but nobody really took care of it. With 4 big dogs already, I could not keep it. The dog was very friendly and obviously lost.This was a week ago and yesterday I saw it again looking very emaciated. It was very cautious about me approaching but remembered me. It had a big wound that was dripping blood and appeared to be uncomfortable. I fed him a can of dog food and then off with him to see Pepe. He was diagnosed with end stage cancer and needed to be put down which sadly agreed to. He went off to sleep with his head on my lap.

It angers me that a dog would be abandoned because it had cancer. It angered me that I did not pay more attention earlier but Pepe said it was already too late by then. I hope that when the time comes for me to go that someone will step forward to assist me.

Back to top Go down

Another sad story Empty Re: Another sad story

Post by elehne1 Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Bless you for caring and being there with him as he passed...so sad he was dumped...but thankful you helped him cross the rainbow bridge and not dying alone in pain.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:58 pm

elehne1 wrote:Bless you for caring and being there with him as he passed...so sad he was dumped...but thankful you helped him cross the rainbow bridge and not dying alone in pain.

Thank you for the consoling words.  What you say is true just as his needing to be put down was true.  He looked at me with the saddest eyes when I loaded him into my car.  I think he knew it was time to go.  All of that is from logic but the hard part was from the emotional part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 pm

He had cancer and was going to die. He had only one hope--that he would be spared a lonely, painful, fear-filled end. You stepped up to the plate and were there for him when no one else was. He is now free and at peace because you cared. Thank you for your loving compassion.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you for being there.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Ditto to all of the above. Thank you so much for your compassion.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Osoprehistorico wrote:
elehne1 wrote:Bless you for caring and being there with him as he passed...so sad he was dumped...but thankful you helped him cross the rainbow bridge and not dying alone in pain.

Thank you for the consoling words.  What you say is true just as his needing to be put down was true.  He looked at me with the saddest eyes when I loaded him into my car.  I think he knew it was time to go.  All of that is from  logic but the hard part was from the emotional part.

Yes, the emotional part is so hard and I am sure he was thanking you with his eyes..a true blessing you were there.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:51 am

I have done this probably a hundred times in circumstances like this and I still cry like a
baby. I understand.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down