INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic residents/taxpayers please respond

+3
Smartalex
Pogo
JayBear
7 posters

Go down

Ajijic residents/taxpayers please respond Empty Ajijic residents/taxpayers please respond

Post by JayBear Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:00 pm

A message from Ajijic's citizens advisory committee:

While the return of workers has been promised by Chapala, we are now getting the run around. PLEASE email the Presidente Joaquin Huerta of Chapala and tell him that Ajijic residents/taxpayers want workers so that we can do the projects that he should see are done! Potholes, handicapped ramps, etc. English is fine - he will understand. This is not political - you have every right to address your quality of life with the politicos!

Go to:

http://www.chapala.gob.mx/

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic residents/taxpayers please respond Empty Re: Ajijic residents/taxpayers please respond

Post by Pogo Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Take a breath, JayBear. This sounds like the same result as every other co-community effort I have ever seen or heard of here in the last ten years. There is always a great Haruuummmph! Pa! Pa! complete with speeches and meetings with public officials and community committees and then . . . nothing. I have learned that if you want something done here, you have to withhold money. That is not only the great motivator, it is the only motivator I have seen work. OK, guys - you can pile on now.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic residents/taxpayers please respond Empty Re: Ajijic residents/taxpayers please respond

Post by Smartalex Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Calm down please. The city workers are currently working in Chapala, doing touch-ups and finishing some bigger projects in preparation for Carnaval. I'm sure they'll get around to filling your potholes once Carnaval has ended...unless you get into a pissing contest with hisoner el presidente.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:00 pm

As a visitor to Mexico, it is wise to accept and not protest.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I posted this on behalf of someone in local government who wants to get gringo voices heard in support of projects in Ajijic, someone born and bred here who has learned that gringo support impresses the socks off people in government at both the local and state level. Odd perhaps, but I have seen it demonstrated more than once this year. And by the way, I am not a visitor here, I have lived here full time for 8 years, I love my town and the people in it and I will do anything for them, including enduring abuse on chatboards.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Can you handle the truth? This is a political stunt organized by el presidente's partisan opponents. The people who are promoting this email campaign know that the city workers are currently busy in Chapala. It's a set-up meant to embarrass Joaquin Huerta.

Full disclosure: "I am not a member of any organized political party...I'm a Democrat." --Will Rogers
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:33 pm

JayBear, do you read this board much? I am asking because the comments posted here are just that: comments and opinions. No one is attacking you and certainly nothing said here is even close to abusive. Other people are entitled to a different opinion of the situation. Their expressing that different viewpoint is not abusing you--really.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 pm

read below
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Work on the futbol field is progressing at an expected pace.
The three week estimated time for completion is in it's 7th week.
But it is still progressing  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down