INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of "Paradise" in sight?

+15
coffeeguy
CHILLIN
ChickenLittle
slainte39
lobita
gvprod
Intercasa
gringal
zenwoodle
CanuckBob
Sideways
Ms.Thang
mielicita
Mainecoons
Pogo
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

End of "Paradise" in sight? - Page 2 Empty Re: End of "Paradise" in sight?

Post by Sideways Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Hacienda and other tax offices will become more automated, more efficient and it will be easier and cheaper for them to impose and collect taxes....down to the taco stand and rental house. We've seen this happen with Aduana and IMN vis a vis the car stickers and visas.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Sideways wrote:Hacienda and other tax offices will become more automated, more efficient and it will be easier and cheaper for them to impose and collect taxes....down to the taco stand and rental house.  We've seen this happen with Aduana and IMN vis a vis the car stickers and visas.  

You're probably dead right. The wonderful world of IT has made all this possible. Are we happier yet? Shocked 

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm with Marty on this, Mexicans will find a way around it - or at least part of it. They always do.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 pm

gringal wrote:
Sideways wrote:Hacienda and other tax offices will become more automated, more efficient and it will be easier and cheaper for them to impose and collect taxes....down to the taco stand and rental house.  We've seen this happen with Aduana and IMN vis a vis the car stickers and visas.  

You're probably dead right.  The wonderful world of IT has made all this possible.  Are we happier yet? Shocked 

Yep last time I brought a car to mexico and was getting a TIP I noticed when she turned around the monitor and asked me which car
I brought this time? I could see all my previous TIPs online.  Computers have come to Mexico is right! This was two years ago.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 pm

On the other hand, when we went through Nogales 2.5 years ago they issued and stickered the wrong vehicle, caught it in time, fixed it, could not find our VIN number, so he took our word that the registration papers were correct, then we were never charged deposit or even the processing fee. The we passed the two young lady customs inspectors, who seemed to be in an animated discussion. Did not even look up, although we were towing a Utility trailer (which the car guy did not register).

Mexico has a long, long ways to go towards the paperless office. Many of the government forms here still require a typewriter to complete.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:24 pm

This too will pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:38 pm

CHILLIN wrote:On the other hand, when we went through Nogales 2.5 years ago they issued and stickered the wrong vehicle, caught it in time, fixed it, could not find our VIN number, so he took our word that the registration papers were correct, then we were never charged deposit or even the processing fee. The we passed the two young lady customs inspectors, who seemed to be in an animated discussion. Did not even look up, although we were towing a Utility trailer (which the car guy did not register).

Mexico has a long, long ways to go towards the paperless office. Many of the government forms here still require a typewriter to complete.

Any of the new design stations are like this now. The two east of Nagales on Mexico route two both had massive computer integration
and I could see all my immigration and tip documents back to years ago tourist visa. I believe your story for Nagales laugh out loud
but for the modern stations computers are everywhere now. Didn't see a typewriter anywhere.

Interesting!

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:55 pm

What's interesting is that they are still unable to check if a Canadian or U.S. plated car is stolen. Mexican plates are on a list - but it is not all across Mexico. Chapala cops have finally got a duplex radio, so they don't have to say "over" after every sentence, like Barney Fife used to do.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2