INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capital Gains exemptions for foreigners

+11
Luisa
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
Stu
viajero
CanuckBob
JoeInMO
RVGRINGO
eagles100
ChapWanaBe
Intercasa
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Capital Gains exemptions for foreigners - Page 2 Empty Re: Capital Gains exemptions for foreigners

Post by JoeInMO Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:33 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well it looks like you have given things a lot of thought and have a solid plan Joe. While you won't be the oldest guy here you won't be the youngest either. I moved here a few years ago at 48 and have been able to find "like spirited" people to hang out with. Some are older and some are younger. The night life is a little lame but Guadalajara is only an hour away. Good luck and we hope to see you down here soon.

Bob,

Thanks for the reply and I'll try and look you up when I'm in that area. Right now I don't feel that I can make the trip down there while I still own one of my two businesses. I only get involved when problems arise, but I have to have my computer and internet access as I'm "on call" 24/7/365. I'm sure the local hotels would have internet service, but I'm not sure it would be wise to leave computer equipment unattended in a hotel room while I explore the area.

-Joe

JoeInMO

Back to top Go down

Capital Gains exemptions for foreigners - Page 2 Empty Re: Capital Gains exemptions for foreigners

Post by viajero Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:45 pm

JoeInMO wrote:

Another reason is that I dislike USA politics very much.  I believe in the US Constitution very much and it sickens me to see how it has been butchered.  I know my not being in the USA won't change things, but I believe it won't bother me nearly as much.  I'm sure the politics in Mexico are as frustrating, but I really don't care unless it affects me personally.

Thanks,
-Joe
There is tea party chapter in Chapala you might want to check out,I think they meet at the American Legion every 2nd Tuesday.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:19 pm

There is a Conservative meeting once a month which meets at the Raquet Club clubhouse. The meetings are topical versus political. Although there is plenty of political talk if you want it.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Joe, I am having a hard time as to the validity of your tale. One thing is definite- you will not be doing any on-line skating here........

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeInMO Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Mrs. Rupert wrote:Joe, I am having a hard time as to the validity of your tale.  One thing is definite- you will not be doing any on-line skating here........

There's nothing I can do to make you believe what I say or not.

As for in-line skating any paved trail that you can ride a bicycle on is good enough. The skating is not a deal breaker... I can make it up in bicycle riding. I'm not a mountain bike rider, just smooth trail rider. I normally get 100 miles or so in per week and would have to up that quite a bit if I can't skate. The bottom line is that I need to be able to do outdoor exercise. I am NOT a runner or jogger (my knees can't take the high impact). I can skate better than I can walk (I have 22 pins, screws, plates, etc. in my left leg). I broke my right patella (knee cap) in January of this year and had surgery on January 22nd, but I'm nearly back to normal activity... maybe 80%. I skated fairly hard for two hours last night, did an hour of indoor cycling (spinning class) and swam laps for an hour today.

My story is real. Right now I still own a business that doesn't require me 99% of the time but I do have to be available 24/7/365 so I can't visit there until I sell that business (it looks like I have a buyer and we may be able to close in August... at least I hope so). I have property in several states and all are for sale. I live in a large house and have years of stuff that I will need to sell, give away or just haul to the dump.

I've been very fortunate, but I am ready to simplify my life and go somewhere with a nice climate where I can do what I like to do. I visited a place in the state of Washington called Sequim (pronounced as skwim) which is in the rain shadow of the Olympic mountains. It's a weather phenomenon that airline pilots call the "blue hole" because it seldom rains there and the temperatures are very moderate. The bad side of that site is that it's very expensive to live there and I still couldn't escape the US politics.

As I've said before... I've been in many areas of Mexico. I've stayed away from the US border and the tourist traps and have found the people in the interior of Mexico are very nice and will go out of their way to help. Yes there are bad places to be but I think I'm smart enough to avoid them. As a comparison we had four shootings last night in the metropolitan area where I currently live. I was involved in law enforcement at both the state and federal level for some time and know the ropes in that respect.

Maybe what I'm looking for just doesn't exist. I fully intend to visit the Lake Chapala area as soon as I can free myself from being "on call" 24/7. I could visit sooner if I could get good internet connectivity at a local hotel and could feel comfortable leaving my laptop in a hotel room while I explore the area for a week or two. I've had things stolen out of my hotel room several times (the most recent was in Las Vegas in January just before I broke my knee cap). Is it reasonable to expect that I could leave my laptop in a hotel room there during my visit? I sure wouldn't want to haul it around with me everywhere, but I must have access to it if needed.

Yes, I'm a real person, with real questions, and have been completely honest.

Thanks,
-Joe

JoeInMO

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAPALITA Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:45 am

Joe, Lake Chapala area is a great place, I recommend you to come and spend a few days here, check the place, see some properties, check how much you want to spend on it,  you will get some options.... and then, ASA you find what you want (Talking about property), then you could check the rest, if you do not play golf its fine. You could swim and bicycle easy.

CHAPALITA

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAPALITA Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Re: Are you planning to sell a property and want to avoid paying Capital Gains???.

If you want to sell your property what you have to do first of all is to make an appointment with your Notary Public, take with you the deed of the property you are planning to sell, as well as the tax receipt. He will let you know if you will have to pay taxes.

As you know, you pay Capital Gains taxes of the difference in the purchase price of the house, (The amount that appear in the deed) and the sale price.
If by any chance  you have to pay it and want to avoid paying , you need to have the next documents.
-Passport.
-FM (Temporal or Permanente)
-Curp
-Tax number
-Original Electric bills (4 at least)
-Original Phone bills (5 at least)

If you sold a property in the last 5 years, mention it to the Notary, he will make a couple of question and will explain you what is gonna happen.

If you made some renovation in the house and has the invoice, (the original one), it could help to reduce the tax payment.

Cheers!!!

CHAPALITA

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:07 am

Joe, one thing that DOES work really well in the Lake Chapala are is internet. The service I get here is better than in the US. I am a writer and cannot live without internet. I've even lived in remote areas on the other side of Lake Chapala and had great access. You can get it anywhere with a cellular wireless account. If you have a US cell phone with a wireless access point, it continues to work in Mexico 24/7/365. You don't have to wait 2 years to visit, you can come today. Just ask your cellular provider about providing coverage in Mexico, and come on down.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeInMO Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Merry,

Thanks very much for the info.

-Joe

JoeInMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2