INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP office sets up english office at LCS starting April 1

+8
slainte39
itsme
Seventyseven
hickton
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
Pedro
Lake Chapala Crime
12 posters

Go down

MP office sets up english office at LCS starting April 1 Empty MP office sets up english office at LCS starting April 1

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:43 pm

The Fiscalia General del Estado (FGE) sets up at LCS
Tuesdays beginning Tuesday, April 1 from 10 am - 2 pm
in the Talking Books Library

Jalisco's comprehensive criminal justice and public security agency, is collaborating with the Lake Chapala Society to set up weekly sessions at LCS with a bilingual lawyer from Ministerio Publico to accept denuncias from the foreign community.
Currently, data received from victims by Ministerio Publico is woefully sparse. In an effort to obtain accurate information, LCS is providing victims a safe place with bi-lingual support.

The attorney General’s office is asking all community members who have not filed adenuncia (formal complaint) on a crime that has been committed against them in the past year to come to LCS and do it. They will provide legal advice regarding your complaint.

Likewise if you have filed a denuncia in the past year with no results you can come here and ask them for a status report. We need to build up the statistics so that Attorney General’s office has clear justification for pushing for more resources Lakeside. If nobody reports then the position of the authorities is that it did not happen. Please report!

Also - please pass on the news.

And if you have any constructive comments on  what needs to be done to make this program a success for LCS, please email me at info@lakechapalacrime.com and I will pass on the comments to LCS.

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

MP office sets up english office at LCS starting April 1 Empty Re: MP office sets up english office at LCS starting April 1

Post by Pedro Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 pm

why has the mp decided to do this instead of their own offices in chapala?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

MP office sets up english office at LCS starting April 1 Empty Re: MP office sets up english office at LCS starting April 1

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 pm

To encourage the english speaking population to file denuncias.  Only spanish speaking at Chapala.

But hey - if you like, no reason not to go to Chapala assuming your spanish is pretty good. On the other hand, to make this program a success, LCS needs the participation of everyone.

You do NOT have to be an LCS member to use this service

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:00 pm

I think it is a great idea and I applaud the LCS for it's initiative on this.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Now members of this forum and TOB will have to be on best behavior or English speaking members will be filing denuncias against people who say things they don't like in the hopes of getting them deported!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:50 pm

If that's all it takes we should have set this up years ago.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 pm

sounds a great idea.. but i hope i dont have to use it. however should make life easier for those who do. full marks to those who initiated this.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:51 pm

It is about time! Maybe the Floresta crime was the modivation.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:45 am

Pedro wrote:why has the mp decided to do this instead of their own offices in chapala?

Why don't you ask them?

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:39 am

It makes perfect sense to put it in the heart of the gringo community in a place that is comfortable to many.

Pedro, after you file your denuncia's you can come and play pool with us at El Cameleon.....jar jar.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

if i go there carrying my stick,won't i be arrested for carrying a weapon of mass destruction?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 am

No, you would probably be arrested for gross indecency. Even Mexico doesn't allow that sort of public display......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:44 am

itsme wrote:
Pedro wrote:why has the mp decided to do this instead of their own offices in chapala?

Why don't you ask them?

It's the first step to secession...Crimean style.    lol! (as being promoted by some)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:53 am

It will be interesting to see for how long the MY has an office there and if the number ofdenuncias goes up. My guess is that in the long run the office will close.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Me too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 pm

if they sent the bilingual mp lawyer to their regular office, one would have more of a tendency to hope for permanence. this merely looks like a short term feel good political move. our local police and the vialidad have more bilingual line officers than the mp here. i think it's 0 for the mp actually.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:01 pm

The need for very good English for the MP is way more difficult to fill than the vialidad or police so they are smart to rely on official translators . This way if there is a misunderstanding it is not their responsability. Do not forget they are lawyers not linguists.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:05 pm

brigitte wrote:It will be interesting to see for how long the MY has an office there and if the number ofdenuncias goes up. My guess is that in the long run the office will close.

i don't think there is disagreement from some as to what will happen. I think the challenge is defining what needs to happen to make this a long term action as it is good for the community long term. The challenge becomes community support - and one can't wave a magic wand to make that happen.

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:36 pm

I would think it is all about volume of denuncias and increase of denuncias because of the new location A separate office can be justified if makes a noticeable difference in the people´s atitude. It is smart to take away the excuses about not reporting and if nothing happen the office will be closed.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Is there any significance to this starting on April Fools Day?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:00 pm

It will be interesting to see how it all works out. They will need a computer and printer and probably a copier as well as their stamps and seals. Who is the bilingual lawyer? I hope it works, the MP needs more funding as that will get things done and crimes solved.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Politics, politics, politics, pacify the gringos. We have no influence, but we can be a real pain in the ass. Pacify the gringos.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 pm

No I think that some of the politicians realized with the murder of the Canadian couple that if the insecurity continued for the foreign population , foreign tourism and the number of people coming to live here will dwindle and having an office at the LCS is the perfect way to make everyone feel like they are important to the community and it is really a small price to pay..
It is cheaper than an ad on tv and probably more effective.

So yes I agree it is a good political move.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:10 pm

a better political move would have been to put the person in the regular office if it was a serious move and not just temporary.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 am

Put the person in the main office and be much more open about the status of cases, without compromising that status. Have to be careful about what info is given out, and to whom, but some would help.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down