INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to get a propane tank for grill?

+2
CanuckBob
Perry322
6 posters

Go down

Where to get a propane tank for grill? Empty Where to get a propane tank for grill?

Post by Perry322 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:06 am

I am in a house with a gas grill, but I need a propane tank and gas. Can anyone suggest where and how? Thanks.

Perry322

Back to top Go down

Where to get a propane tank for grill? Empty Re: Where to get a propane tank for grill?

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 am

You can buy filled tanks at the propane place just east of TelMex on the caraterra in Ajijic.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Where to get a propane tank for grill? Empty Re: Where to get a propane tank for grill?

Post by Perry322 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks. That was quick.

Perry322

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:15 pm

CanuckBob wrote:You can buy filled tanks at the propane place just east of TelMex on the caraterra in Ajijic.

Right on Bob....just to expand, they are....
Z Gas or Gaslicuado and they have another location between Santa Cruz de Soledad and San Nicolas, just off the hiway, east of Chapala, if that would be more convenient.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry322 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Nothing is too convenient for me right now. I am up a hill from La Carretera in Ajijic. I would need a cab or a ride to get the tank home - so it may not matter which location for me. I'm only in this place for a while and will be moving closer in, so I don't want to spend a bundle on a big tank that I may not be able to use elsewhere.

Perry322

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 pm

They are the same kind of 5 gallon tanks that are used for BBQs NOB
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:36 pm

They are also used in propane space heaters I think--or are those even smaller?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:21 am

Standard small tanks like we use up north are 20 liters or five gallons.  Walmart has them sometimes. Get them filled at the Z gas place across from El Toritoes on north side of highway. You can also pipe your BBQ or heater up to the house gas system which is what I have done in my house. Many houses are plumbed for this. Note tanks in US have a overflow protection system thus the Triangle shaped valve on top of the tank.  Mexican tanks have a round shaped value and can be overfilled so watch them when they fill your tank. Valves and tanks are different here than US. You can also put an adapter and use the bigger tanks sold
off the trucks and the gas guys will hook it up and move them for ya. You would have to buy a first big tank and pay deposit on it.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 05, 2014 8:14 am

joyfull wrote:They are the same kind of 5 gallon tanks that are used for BBQs NOB

Different valve and handle on Mexican tanks. Mexican tanks have round valve handle. US has triangle sharped valve handle. Fitting to fill are different also but the two types of tanks do look the same.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down