INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some History And A song About Valentine's Day

+2
Carry Bean
espíritu del lago
6 posters

Go down

Some History And  A song About Valentine's Day  Empty Some History And A song About Valentine's Day

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:02 am

Historically and religiously, Valentine's Day is the feast day of Saint Valentine, one of three saints in the Roman Catholic Church who were martyred for their contributions and works for the advancement of the church. Over time, the celebration of the February 14th holiday has evolved in both purpose and meaning.

The Mexican culture emphasizes the expression of one's feelings as a part of everyday life. Respect, and emotion of the values of individual's is extremely influential in Mexican culture. They form the basis of many Mexican traditions, customs, and societal norms.

If you'd like to tell your special someone how you feel about them in Spanish say:

"te quiero" or "te amo".

My song to my fiancée
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22hvEdaPSMs
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Some History And  A song About Valentine's Day  Empty Re: Some History And A song About Valentine's Day

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:10 am

Some History And  A song About Valentine's Day  2

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Some History And  A song About Valentine's Day  Empty Re: Some History And A song About Valentine's Day

Post by bimini6 Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 am

"emphasizes the expression of one's feelings as a part of everyday life", this is my favorite part. Rolling Eyes

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:18 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Historically and religiously, Valentine's Day is the feast day of Saint Valentine, one of three saints in the Roman Catholic Church who were martyred for their contributions and works for the advancement of the church. Over time, the celebration of the February 14th holiday has evolved in both purpose and meaning.

The Mexican culture emphasizes the expression of one's feelings as a part of everyday life. Respect, and emotion of the values of individual's is extremely influential in Mexican culture. They form the basis of many Mexican traditions, customs, and societal norms.

If you'd like to tell your special someone how you feel about them in Spanish say:

"te quiero" or "te amo".

My song to my fiancée
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22hvEdaPSMs

Are you sure we won't become "inadvertently" engaged to be married if we say that to our Mexican friends:)

No seriously, Valentine's Day is special here. When I lived in Guadalajara even Mexican girlfriends go out to lunch together on Valentine's Day and sometimes give each other gifts. I was fortunate enough to be invited that year.

mariachi
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:32 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Now Lehrer, I am sure if I use that phrase with my Mexican friends I'll get something I didn't bargain for! 😕
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:37 pm

xxx
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 am

So does anyone else here have the dilemma of what to buy the woman who has everything.

Suggestions needed!! Smokealot
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:12 am

Flowers, always a nice gesture, and lunch or dinner out.

My Mexican girlfriends taught me that even girlfriends (just the regular kind) go out on Valentine Day for a lunch or dinner.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 pm

A romantic get away to Morelia's historic district............There is some unbeleivable woman's shopping to be had there. I have never seen so many clothing and shoe stores. I'm sure Peter or Spencer can point you to the right hotel.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 pm

OK Bob, did you have to post that? Now I'm going to have to check out Morelia. It's been a long time since I've been there. What kind of serious shopping are we talking about? We need a shopping Smiley Face Twisted Evil
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down