INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More superb work by Joel Cardenas and his brothers.

4 posters

Go down

More superb work by Joel Cardenas and his brothers. Empty More superb work by Joel Cardenas and his brothers.

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:39 pm

I just can't say enough good about Joel Cardenas and his brothers, who have been doing extensive work on our home and correcting a lot of builder screwups in the process.

In the last few months he has redone all our exterior woodwork, put new roofs on the cochera in conjunction with an 18 panel solar installation, rebuilt a poorly done solar panel system that serves our pool, fixed salitre problems and most recently reconstructed a large and badly done fish pond. Everything he and his brothers have done has been done to perfection, with impeccable cleanliness and at very reasonable prices.

The fish pond was really screwed up. The original builder laid the rebar on the ground and poured concrete on top of it, hence it didn't reinforce anything because the concrete was not around it. The walls leaked because they simply weren't plastered properly with fibre cement.

All of this was redone and the finished product is so finely done that I thought about charging the fish to swim in it. Very Happy

We are helping some folks buy a home in Riberas that Joel and his brothers built. All of us were blown away by the quality of the work there. I'd love to have these guys build me a custom home.

This is really the first local contractor I have encountered that I can recommend without reservation. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to see some of his work here.

Joel Cardenas Zepeda

3310 4755 64
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

More superb work by Joel Cardenas and his brothers. Empty Re: More superb work by Joel Cardenas and his brothers.

Post by windrider17 Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:13 pm

I second all of the above. Joel has worked with us on our house and has been wonderful. Trustworthy, punctual, and will explain what is going to be done before the work is done. Has very good design ideas as well.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

More superb work by Joel Cardenas and his brothers. Empty Re: More superb work by Joel Cardenas and his brothers.

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:58 pm

I am truly surprised that this premier home designed by a California architect and premier builder is requiring this much reconstruction and rebuild!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:56 am

Pretty amazing, isn't it?  

Where did you get the idea the architect/builder was from CA?

They were Mexican and they cut corners using poor quality labor from GDL instead of the more skilled and accountable people available locally.  That's a common problem with homes around here.  You'd know it if you lived here.

I won't even detail the plumbing and electrical screw ups, most of which I've been able to fix myself.

Sorry, Joel can't help you in Albuquerque. I do know a very good local guy there if you'd like a reference.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by eagles100 Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:34 am

I'm looking for someone to re-stain our kitchen cabinets. Would the Cardenas be good with that? I'm fussy.
eagles100
eagles100
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:04 am

No, he referred me to a local carpenter who is doing a great job refinishing our woodwork.

Jose Epinto
766-1441

His shop is at Guadalupe Victoria #32 in Ajijic.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by eagles100 Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks for the referral.

Mainecoons wrote:No, he referred me to a local carpenter who is doing a great job refinishing our woodwork.

Jose Epinto
766-1441

His shop is at Guadalupe Victoria #32 in Ajijic.
eagles100
eagles100
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down