INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beads

5 posters

Go down

Beads Empty Beads

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:44 pm

I know there are a few people in the lake area that make jewelry using beads. We have a friend here NOB that has asked that we bring back beads from our planned August trip. I have done the research and found info on numerous sources in the area we plan on traveling but don't know much about availability in Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque or Tonala? Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Beads Empty Re: Beads

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:05 am

Your best source is free styling..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:16 am

Go to Centro Guadalajara, Centro Joyero it is next to San Juan de Dios Libertad Market, just go up the stairs from the market and that whole area sell beads.

If you go into the big glass building Centro Joyero it is like 4 stories, go down stairs is the best area for loose beads and the the top floor is pretty good also. The floors in between are all silver and gold.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:50 am

Thank you Julie! I looked through some of the information on the vendors in the Centro Joyero and it appears that their beads may be the commercial variety? Since this person is shooting for unique jewelry, might I be better off looking in areas with more unique custom beads?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:53 pm

get shakiras from the huichols at the huichol center in Zapopan, if they do not havethem they know where to get them.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:10 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Thank you Julie!  I looked through some of the information on the vendors in the Centro Joyero and it appears that their beads may be the commercial variety?  Since this person is shooting for unique jewelry, might I be better off looking in areas with more unique custom beads?
almost all beads are commercial[99%]. it's some of the art created with them that isn't. even the beads traded to the indians by the hudsons bay company as far back as the 17th/18th century were mass produced in england. i was fortunate to have acquired some of those at one time. i found some hand carved very small wooden mexican beads[skulls] combined with glass on google.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:33 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Thank you Julie!  I looked through some of the information on the vendors in the Centro Joyero and it appears that their beads may be the commercial variety?  Since this person is shooting for unique jewelry, might I be better off looking in areas with more unique custom beads?

You could also check at Hectors across from 7-11 in Riberas next to the thrift stores, he has beads made out of seeds and other things.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum