INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Milk

+7
Zedinmexico
solajijic
viajero
Pedro
CHILLIN
brigitte
Fastfox
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Raw Milk - Page 2 Empty Re: Raw Milk

Post by NoTengoNada Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:12 am

Pedro wrote:some of us run with scissors and if we add enough chocolat and cane alcohol to the milk we'll be fine.
according to a site i read you did not catch the bacteria from eating a steak because the bacteria is not in the muscle fibre.

Pedro, this is a case of what you don't know can kill you. You are totally wrong about Brucellosis.

Please read the following link. Especially the symptoms. It is a terrible disease, but it can be treated.Everybody please read this. It is used in bio-warfare. And I got it in Ajijic. Others in Ajijic have it. Stay away from rare beef, especially beef from Northern Mexico, i.e., Durango. The only certified American beef is from Costco. Walmart sells only Mexican meats.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/brucellosis-symptoms-treatment

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:08 am

I Am not saying not to eat beef  just be aware that it exists.The bacteria dies at 165 degrees .I ate beef for 30 years in Mexico with no problems  and in 2012 one sick cow got me. Most of the cases come from eating raw cheese. The USA health department followed my case and I was one of twenty from beef in the USA reported in 2012.
Vaccination program of cows in the USA has eradicated it.

qq1q+

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:07 am

one can google the haitch outta this and get all kinds of conflicting info. tell ya what-i eat all mexican meats including goat,lamb,pork and chicken. most of it is bought at the chapala mercado including hamburger with 25%fat content and the carnes off the tables out front[including the intestines]. the only meat i cook rare are steaks and arrachera[which is a marinaded meat] and i get those at soriana or wallyworld. so ya see i know how ta do meat. i speculate that you ate a rare hamburger which a lot of merkins seem to 'still' do even though it's dangerous as haitch to do so. i have also consumedplenty of wild game over the years none of which was inoculated fer anything. rabbit and pheasant i usually hung for 2 weeks whole until the skin got green. you can get pheasant under glass in the most fancy restaurant and that's the way it's treated before cooking.
you couldn't pay me enough money to get meat at costco. well i do get pickled herring there.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Pedro wrote:one can google the haitch outta this and get all kinds of conflicting info. tell ya what-i eat all mexican meats including goat,lamb,pork and chicken. most of it is bought at the chapala mercado including hamburger with 25%fat content and the carnes off the tables out front[including the intestines]. the only meat i cook rare are steaks and arrachera[which is a marinaded meat] and i get those at soriana or wallyworld. so ya see i know how ta do meat. i speculate that you ate a rare hamburger which a lot of merkins seem to 'still' do even though it's dangerous as haitch to do so. i have also consumedplenty of wild game over the years none of which was inoculated fer anything. rabbit and pheasant i usually hung for 2 weeks whole until the skin got green. you can get pheasant under glass in the most fancy restaurant and that's the way it's treated before cooking.
you couldn't pay me enough money to get meat at costco. well i do get pickled herring there.

u hung a rabbit for 2 weeks.... why? chop em up and throw em into the pot  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:43 pm

I am with Pedro with this one. There is just so much else to really be worried about that this one just isn't going to dent my psyche. The chance are so slim for this and lots of other things similar to this that we think you just can't incorporate that fear into your world.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Thank you, Solajijic. Very well said. I especially like, "...you just can't incorporate that fear into your world."
I can not (nor do I want to) be afraid of all the things in the world there are to be afraid of. I have room for only so much fear and have to prioritize.  Very Happy  
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Milk is so easy to pasteurize at home and I doubt if could tell the difference between warm pasteurized and raw milk, especially with the alcohol, chocolate and sugar. Unless you were brought up in this tradition, it is just another patch of juvenile, macho B.S. It is not only brucellosis, it is also listeria and salmonella. Next you will advocating unprotected sex with strangers.

By the way, Soriana and Walmart have the most inconsistent and sloppy meat in town, I wouldn't be bragging that you know meat buying from those outfits.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:30 pm

since i know meat, i know when those 2 have the good stough or not.
wally has 3 grades of beef and soriana 2. it's easy if you know your meats to detect the good stough visually. soriana has 3 arrachera brands that are better than anything you'll get in a restaurant here. had their house brand last night on the bbq-yum!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:41 am

Next time you are at Sorianas, try the carneceria across the street. Very nice people, clean when you consider the hell of a genuine, working butcher shop. They only sell pork and beef - it is slaughtered right next door, I heard the hogs today, will be going in tomorrow for fresh pork bellies. Beside the carneceria is a store that sells fresh chicken and seasonal vegetables.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks for the information and recommendation, Chillin!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:04 pm

Raw milk is very hot issue NOB. Both sides have valid points for nutritional and hygienic reasons. I remember my Mom telling me about her friend dying from milk when she was a little girl. My funky organic farmer friends say the more heat the less nutrition is left. I choose not to drink raw milk. Others may decide on a different sets of priorities.
I just wish they would offer low slow type of sanitizing the milk instead of the fast hot type which for sure does more than kill the bad guys. Why would we discuss this issue? Because it is important for folks to have the facts about raw milk so they do understand the risks and benefits. Its not a black or white issue.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:42 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Next time you are at Sorianas, try the carneceria across the street. Very nice people, clean when you consider the hell of a genuine, working butcher shop. They only sell pork and beef - it is slaughtered right next door, I heard the hogs today, will be going in tomorrow for fresh pork bellies. Beside the carneceria is a store that sells fresh chicken and seasonal vegetables.
been there done that. will stick with the guys at the chapala mercado
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Raw Milk - Page 2 Empty risk vs. no risk

Post by NoTengoNada Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:54 am

I'm not trying to inflict fear on anyone, I just want to show that there is a choice of risk versus no risk.

Here is the FDA's piece on raw milk and what you face, risk wise.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/consumers/ucm079516.htm

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:02 am

When I was a kid milk was not pasteurized and we used to boil it for 3 minutes here I guess 5 minutes and it takes care of any problems. In these days we had a little pyrex disk we would put in the pan . The galss disj made a noise as the milk started boiling and we would time i so after 3 minutes had elapsed we knew it was safe..Not complicaed and better than playing the Russian roulette.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 am

Whoops, I blew it. I copied the link wrong.

Corrected:

I'm not trying to inflict fear on anyone, I just want to show that there is a choice of risk versus no risk.

Here is the FDA's piece on raw milk and what you face, risk wise.

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/buystoreservesafefood/ucm079516.htm

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2