INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pay your Water Bill before February 28 to get the Discount

5 posters

Go down

Pay your Water Bill before February 28 to get the Discount Empty Pay your Water Bill before February 28 to get the Discount

Post by johninajijic Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Pay your water bill before February 28 to get the discount. Water bills went up substantially.

Bring an extra $ 1,000 pesos with you. Bills are up 25% over last year!!!

Lat years bill $ 4,590.... This years bill $ 5,670. pesos. It's getting more expensive than the US.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Pay your Water Bill before February 28 to get the Discount Empty Re: Pay your Water Bill before February 28 to get the Discount

Post by simpsca Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Mine was no more expensive than last year but I live in the Jocotopec jurisdiction. I have two houses and each house was 848 pesos. Do you have a pool?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Pay your Water Bill before February 28 to get the Discount Empty Re: Pay your Water Bill before February 28 to get the Discount

Post by johninajijic Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:01 am

simpsca wrote:Mine was no more expensive than last year but I live in the Jocotopec jurisdiction. I have two houses and each house was 848 pesos. Do you have a pool?

800 meters of land, extensive landscaping, 3 bathrooms and a 14 x 28 foot pool.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 pm

johninajijic wrote:Pay your water bill before February 28 to get the discount. Water bills went up substantially.

Lat years bill $ 4,590.... This years bill $ 5,670. pesos. It's getting more expensive than the US.

Well, ours went up substantially as well this year. From around $2500 Pesos to $4750 Pesos. Quite expensive actually and, in the Chapala municipality, no discount is granted to foreigners, even those with "inmigrado" status, who are elderly like this old fart. That´s illegal in a country whre equallity of all folks is supposedly a God give right but what the hell. Chapala pulls this crap because it can.

Down in Chiapas, where we also live, we receive a 50% discount as FM-2 holders on everything the municipality delivers as should be the case in Chapala. Our property taxes last year on a house worth about the same amount of money as in Ajijic, were about $250 Pesos ( vs. around $2,500 Pesos in Chapala) and our water bill was miniscule.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't understand why it doubled! Mine went up a tiny amount in San Juan Cosala which is part of Jocotopec - a few dollars US. Do you have a pool also?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm

hound dog wrote:
johninajijic wrote:Pay your water bill before February 28 to get the discount. Water bills went up substantially.

Well, ours went up substantially as well this year. From around $2500 Pesos to $4750 Pesos. Quite expensive actually and, in the Chapala municipality, no discount is granted to foreigners, even those with "inmigrado" status, who are elderly like this old fart. That´s illegal in a country whre equallity of all folks is supposedly a God give right but what the hell. Chapala pulls this crap because it can.

Down in Chiapas, where we also live, we receive a 50% discount as FM-2 holders on everything the municipality delivers as should be the case in Chapala. Our property taxes last year on a house worth about the same amount of money as in Ajijic, were about $250 Pesos ( vs. around $2,500 Pesos in Chapala) and our water bill was miniscule.

martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Mine was 1720 pesos. 2 baths & my realtor sort of lowballed the yard I have (he told me that later) since it seems grass ups your water rate. I heard a man telling one of the employees there that his yard was all cactus with no grass. So I'm paying the same as a family of 4 since my house could easily accommodate 4. I wish they had meters...

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down