INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sol y Luna mail Service-Comments Please

+4
Pedro
Grizzy
Tex-Mex D
sm1mex
8 posters

Go down

Sol y Luna mail Service-Comments Please Empty Sol y Luna mail Service-Comments Please

Post by sm1mex Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Anyone using Sol y Luna for mail service, please let me know if their customer service, mail system is satisfactory. Also do they accept packaged mailed to you?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Sol y Luna mail Service-Comments Please Empty Re: Sol y Luna mail Service-Comments Please

Post by Tex-Mex D Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:30 pm

I have used Sol y Luna for several years (at 3 different locations). The delivery of mail is faster than you would get using the Mexico post offices, but it usually takes about 10-12 days to receive letters after they are postmarked. I have also received small packages which seem to take a few days longer, I guess because of clearing Customs. Sol y Luna charges you 50% of the cost of the package for handling and Customs fees. They ask you the value of the package. There is a minimum charge which was 90 pesos a year or two ago. It might be higher now since they have also gone up on their mail box rates and no longer allow people to share boxes.

Tex-Mex D

Back to top Go down

Sol y Luna mail Service-Comments Please Empty Re: Sol y Luna mail Service-Comments Please

Post by sm1mex Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks. Very useful information. We have Handy Mail but they do not have a package permit so we can never get anything sent down here, even if we had to pay the fees. Also their Laredo mailing address is 3 lines long so when you put your name, street address and Laredo, it is 4 lines. We run into problems on some web sites we need to put in our mailing address and they only give you 3 lines. We are thinking about changing.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:59 pm

I found them very very slow at delivering mail and packages. Packages were opened, and then not returned to original shipping materials. I lost several orders and was given packages that were not mine. Letters from the US and Canada always took well over a month to arrive.
I visited their warehouse in Laredo to pick up a few items ratjer than wait for delivery here and it was a mess. Unorganized, no system to track or find items. I suppose they are a lesser evil but at the cost, I found it cheaper to canvel and pay fedex for items I need in less than two or three months. Works out cheaper and I receive important packages faster.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:18 am

Wow. I think I'll stay at Handy Mail. They are great, just can't get packages and the address is very long.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:51 am

i have never understood why people spend all that money on the private mail services. we have used a mexican chapala mail box for 8 years and found the service to be the same as canadian mail. i can count fingers on less than one hand how many times things have gone awry. we get packages as well as mail including registered. never has anything been opened. we send mail as well.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:14 pm

We had an Ajijic mail box for a year and never got any mail and we do get quite a bit of mail including travel catalogs, national geographic, and other stuff, so we had to drop them. many people have good luck but we just didn't.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:51 pm

I never had a problem when I had a Mex post office box in Chapala. I received my credit union statements, IRS tax refunds, packages etc never a problwm.

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:56 pm

In the 12 years we have lived in Jocotepec we have used the Mexican postal service with no problems.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Some people need a US address for various reasons. I receive mail at my house with no issues here but there are certain reasons for needing a US mailing address.

Pedro wrote:i have never understood why people spend all that money on the private mail services. we have used a mexican chapala mail box for 8 years and found the service to be the same as canadian mail. i can count fingers on less than one hand how many times things have gone awry. we get packages as well as mail including registered. never has anything been opened. we send mail as well.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubia Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:19 am

Grizzly, I've heard other people talk about needing a US address. Can you elaborate on what the reasons could be?

Rubia

Humor : Straight up, slightly dirty, two olives.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:36 am

I don't know about the US but there are many reasons why one would retain a Canadian address. A couple of examples would be, if you want to keep a Canadian bank account, a Canadian drivers license or have Shaw satellite (legally) you need an address.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:00 am

after we moved from canada we changed our address to a friend for shaw and vonage so that we could exchange equipment as needed. as to banking,scotiabank has no problems with us having a mexican address now. we get our credit and debit cards mailed here by scotia. even used to get our statements mailed every month and still get the visa statements.
my alberta drivers license was legal until it expired. then i got my 2 jalisco licenses.
so what are the other examples?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 am

There are numerous reasons. Mine are personal.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 am

Pedro wrote:after we moved from canada we changed our address to a friend for shaw and vonage so that we could exchange equipment as needed. as to banking,scotiabank has no problems with us having a mexican address now. we get our credit and debit cards mailed here by scotia. even used to get our statements mailed every month and still get the visa statements.
my alberta drivers license was legal until it expired. then i got my 2 jalisco licenses.
so what are the other examples?

Well your Shaw account is not technically legal then and if Canada starts going the way of the US you may have problems with that bank account. I choose to retain my Canadian DL.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:27 am

we were a shaw[starchoice] customer long before we moved here and a customer of scotiabank as well. it's highly unlikely that canadian banks will follow the us banking system. when the sh*t hit the fan with fatca,i enquired for my yanqui friends if they could get a scotia account. the answer was no if they did not have a canadian address nor were canadian. but we are and did have a canadian address when we went with them. i briefly had a hsbc account which i opened at a toronto branch about 5 years ago when i flew there. they had no problem opening it with our address here in mexico.
technically[re:shaw] our friends address is ours because we stay there when we visit.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 am

Well I wouldnt let either of them know that you are not a resident and are using a "friends address" to have accounts with them. The CRTC dictates that Shaw is only allowed to sell their services to residents of Canada with a legitimate address. You can call them and ask. One day Shaw will be forced to deal with the stackers and fake address accounts.........just saying.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:07 pm

when we moved from our address in alberta we notified starchoice as to our new address in alberta. as i said we were starchoice customers long before we moved here. we have an alberta phone # that appears when we phone shaw tech for assistance. and since we stay at the second address it is "technically" legitimate. more so than all the fake addresses produced by a whole bunch of people in this area that were never customers in canada nor even canadians-eh!. we were told that we could travel anywhere in the us and mexico with our equipment.
as to vonage canada,it is common knowledge  that you can travel worldwide with your equipment. our base unit broke down a few months ago and we were issued a new one to the canadian address even though vonage knows that we use it exclusively in mexico. again scotia has our mexican address as our only address and there has been no problem whatsoever including re-issue of credit and debit cards which they mail to us here. and as i said earlier,i opened a hsbc account in a toronto branch with a mexican address. shaw gets paid automatically through our scotia account in alberta and vonage through our credit card which has a mexican address but is a canadian card.
i like to keep things simple.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down