INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 Posts and a New Avatar

3 posters

Go down

100 Posts and a New Avatar  Empty 100 Posts and a New Avatar

Post by Peter Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:47 pm

I thought it was about time to put up an avatar. I noticed this would be my 100th post so thought this would be a good time one up. My only other photo out in cyber space is on MexConnect which I get little use of nowadays, just occasionally though. I had Tere take a new photo of me this morning.

I have been staying busy with my new Yahoogroups site for the Morelia gringo club. Yahoogroups is kind of rickety but for a club calendar it does OK, but with the growth we've gotten in just two weeks in existence I may need to upgrade to a real neat whizz-bang board like this one but I don't know where or how to get the web space or if it is worth the trouble.

I have been busy also with posting to Above Top Secret and trying to build my creds there. Still like to come here to visit though. Probably we'll be visiting Ajijic in the next couple months. You all be careful now and stay safe. Hasta luego.

100 Posts and a New Avatar  531444
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

100 Posts and a New Avatar  Empty Re: 100 Posts and a New Avatar

Post by simpsca Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:06 pm

I run a Yahoo Group or two and they are no hassle and no cost. We do lack the Avatars though! Love the Mexican serape back-drop.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:54 pm

I have been busy also with posting to Above Top Secret and trying to build my creds there. Still like to come here to visit though. Probably we'll be visiting Ajijic in the next couple months. You all be careful now and stay safe. Hasta luego.

That's a huge forum, I occasionally venture over there. Never registered tho. I'll say one thing you won't get bored over there. Next time I go there Ill see if I can find you. What do you go by?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:37 pm

On ATS I use "Erongaricuaro" or Eron for short. A town on the north shore of L. Pátzcuaro which translates as Place of waiting. Pyramid close by at Tzintzuntzan. I use this avatar there.

Nice site to write. Incentive points for good or popular writing, strong on TOS standards. Basically, I'm becoming a better skilled contributer by posting there. They don't have an Octagon though. The stranger, more "alternative", or controversial the topic the better.

Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:04 pm

simpsca wrote:I run a Yahoo Group or two and they are no hassle and no cost. We do lack the Avatars though! Love the Mexican serape back-drop.

That's part of the great thing about this board, room for large avatars like on ATS. Yahoogroups is rickety, like I said, and doesn't accept accents, sub-standard formating, etc. For our club is it would be all we need but we seem to have some need in Morelia of a larger site for general purposes like this one, so the Club's site gets almost too much action for what it is made for. I have people asking me for better features. Yahoogroups is very bare-bones.

On ATS you can give flags to interesting threads and stars to interesting posts. Neat "brownie point" system. Bob should have that here.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down