INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Estate Commission Negotiation

2 posters

Go down

Real Estate Commission  Negotiation Empty Real Estate Commission Negotiation

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Has anyone gone back to their broker yet?   In most cases Real Estate listing contract has expired?     Seems as though in a Buyers Market the Realtor scratch should suffer a hit as well?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Real Estate Commission  Negotiation Empty Re: Real Estate Commission Negotiation

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Jim W wrote:Has anyone gone back to their broker yet?   In most cases Real Estate listing contract has expired?     Seems as though in a Buyers Market the Realtor scratch should suffer a hit as well?

They do Jim....when a property sells for less, the agency earns less, as they work on pct. If 300k house sells for 200k, obviously they are going to make less.  
I think I know where you coming from is....did the seller make a profit,  break even, or lose money on the real estate investment. That's hard to sort out as there are/were, probably different real estate people involved on the buying and selling ends.
Now a flat rate commission would be a different story.
Or there is the old Mexican system of the real estate agent guaranteeing you a certain price and he gets anything over that. That's how things were done when I first came here....and talk about a zoo or a roller coaster ride, or the buyer had to give the seller (not the real estate company) 10% to hold until closing and then get down on his knees and pray every night that the seller would sign the transfer of the escritura at the closing date. The word escrow did not exist in Mexican Spanish.
As bad as every one today thinks the real estate industry here is....it's almost utopia compared to 30/40 years ago.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down