INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I figure my daily electricity use?

+7
Zedinmexico
viajero
Pedro
arbon
kitchener
brigitte
Ms.Thang
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How can I figure my daily electricity use? Empty How can I figure my daily electricity use?

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:50 pm

I know how to record the numbers but I don't know what to count when more than one dial changes numbers. Does that make sence?

For instance

0/8/0/5/8 went to 0/8/0/8/0

Isn't that a lot?

Is there a link that tells me how to calculate it?

Thanks

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How can I figure my daily electricity use? Empty Re: How can I figure my daily electricity use?

Post by brigitte Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:59 pm

the CFE site tells you how to read the dials.  If it is for one day that would be 22kw per day or 660 per month, a lot in my book but maybe I am wrong...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How can I figure my daily electricity use? Empty Re: How can I figure my daily electricity use?

Post by kitchener Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:I know how to record the numbers but I don't know what to count when more than one dial changes numbers.  Does that make sence?

For instance

0/8/0/5/8 went to 0/8/0/8/0

Isn't that a lot?

Is there a link that tells me how to calculate it?

Thanks

You used 22kwh. 8080 minus 8058. Just think of them as small clocks that have 10 hours instead of 12.

kitchener

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Oh , thanks...that clock analogy helps a lot.

We have construction workers next door again and every time they work with power tools our bill jumps. We don't know how they do it and we have tried all of the tricks.

That reading was for only one day. We normally use 194 kWh for 2 months.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Oh , thanks...that clock analogy helps a lot.

We have construction workers next door again and every time they work with power tools our bill jumps. We don't know how they do it and we have tried all of the tricks.

That reading was for only one day.  We normally use 194 kWh for 2 months.

Pull YOUR meter (that you pay the bill on) and see if they can still use THEIR tools.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:00 pm

they're hooking into your power somewhere. the next time you hear their tools, turn your power off completely and if their stough stops,then you know fer sure.

Last edited by Pedro on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Can you walk over and see how their tools are connected?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:19 pm

brigitte wrote:Can you walk over and see how their tools are connected?

They come and go and they aren't here today but the next time they are up there I am going to get in there. I have asked to come in before and they won't let me because the " boss" isn't there . Would the police help me get in if they say "no" again?

I going to CFE administrative office tomorrow and see what I can do. I just did the math for the four days since they started working and it is 0over 800.

The weird part is that we have shut down the power , the meter stops but their tools keep going. I. Wondering if they have a generator that charges itself using our power. I really need to get inside but they would have to let me in.

We haven't tried taking the meter off.

Btw they have a meter but it isn't active.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Since my neighbors of six years, moved away nine months ago my CFE bills have been down by 50%,go figure.
The guy who bought my neighbor's house actually works for the CFE in the field and grew up in our neighborhood, when I mentioned it to him he shook his head and said..que casualidad..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:

The weird part is that we have shut down the power , the meter stops but their tools keep going. I. Wondering if they have a generator that charges itself using our power.

They could be bypassing the meter and connecting directly to the "mufa",that's a pretty common practice.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchener Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:23 pm

viajero wrote:
They could be bypassing the meter and connecting directly to the "mufa",that's a pretty common practice.

But that wouldn't spin the meter. So, no spike in kwh use.

kitchener

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:36 pm

kitchener wrote:
viajero wrote:

But that wouldn't spin the meter. So, no spike in kwh use.
Ms thang said that the neighbor's meter wasn't active,that's what I was referring to.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:

They come and go and they aren't here today but the next time they are up there I am going to get in there. I have asked to come in before and they won't let me because the " boss" isn't there .  Would the police help me get in if they say "no" again?

I going to CFE administrative office  tomorrow and see what I can do. I just did the math for the four days since they started working and it is 0over 800.

The weird part is that we have shut down the power , the meter stops but their tools keep going. I. Wondering if they have a generator that charges itself using our power. I really need to get inside but they would have to let me in.

¿Could they be using battery powered tools?

*The weird part is that we have shut down the power , the meter stops but their tools keep going.*

I would guess that they have a light bulb connected to your power, so when your meter stops and the light goes out they use another power source

¿Could they be using battery powered tools or a power pack?.

Last edited by arbon on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Line added)
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchener Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:53 pm

The curious thing is a Skilsaw, hammer drill or any other hand held electric tools don't consume much power. They run in short bursts. Do they have a water pump running non-stop or some other apparatus that runs for long periods of time?

kitchener

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:13 pm

table saw,jointer,compressor and heat gun draw mucho. my heat gun was affecting the circuits in my shop the last coupla days,which is something i use fer a coupla hours or more sometimes. it uses more than my table saw,old jointer and compressor which can blow my voltage reg. the heat gun dint blow nada the last coupla days i done some woik-touch wood.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchener Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Pedro wrote:table saw,jointer,compressor and heat gun draw mucho. my heat gun was affecting the circuits in my shop the last coupla days,which is something i use fer a coupla hours or more sometimes. it uses more than my table saw,old jointer and compressor which can  blow my voltage reg. the heat gun dint blow nada the last coupla days i done some woik-touch wood.

Not tools normally found on a job site here. And none run continuously. Anything that heats up is going to use a lot of juice.

kitchener

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:23 am

Look at bill and divide KWh by number of days in two month period. Normal voltage regulators are not made for such use. However you can use a fridge power conditioner which is made for the surge startup voltage of a motor. These are about 800P. Normally big things like power tools can be left along with Mexican voltage unless it is sagging. Motors don't like low voltage. Check voltage with voltmeter. If under 135 I wouldn't worry about conditioning the power. Don't run if below 110V or so.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

How can I figure my daily electricity use? Empty CFE usage

Post by cypress Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:38 am

Ms.Thang wrote:

They come and go and they aren't here today but the next time they are up there I am going to get in there. I have asked to come in before and they won't let me because the " boss" isn't there .  Would the police help me get in if they say "no" again?

I going to CFE administrative office  tomorrow and see what I can do. I just did the math for the four days since they started working and it is 0over 800.

You say you have shut down your power. Are you sure? You usually can't shut your power down.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 am

It might be worthwhile to have an electrician come and find out where they are tapping into your power.

There should be a main disconnect next to or immediately behind the electric meter. If there isn't you should have one installed for safety reasons.

If they are tapping into one circuit, you might be able to figure which one by disconnecting them one at a time and observing the result.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubia Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 am

Please let us know "the rest of the story". This is interesting.

Rubia

Humor : Straight up, slightly dirty, two olives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 am

If you are trying to keep out of the high rate costs, you must keep your daily use to 8 kwh or less. Check the last two digits daily and subtract today's number from tomorrow's number.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 pm

cypress wrote:
Ms.Thang wrote:

You say you have shut down your power. Are you sure? You usually can't shut your power down.

We shut down the breaker box and observed that the wheel did not move when they used their tools. Their tools ran even with our breakers shut down.

I heard tools running and I managed to get in the place today. At first the guy tried to convince me that the air compressor was a generator. Then he showed me the meter outside, swore it was connected and operational and that is how they got their electricity. I showed him that it isn't. Then he told me that they have a wire that comes from the pole into the house. I didn't see where it came in but they were plugged into the wall to use their tools.

I showed him the bills I had been paying over the last two years, several over $1500.00 , many over $3,000.00 , and a bunch in the $700.00 range. All of the high bills coincide with the power tools. We keep a very close diary and photo log now.

I called the police to come over and they were so nice but they couldn't do anything. Robbery in progress and they can't do a damn thing. . I did notice they have stopped using the tools.

The workers contend that stealing power from the pole does not affect our bill but I know that it does. We have a representative working with the CFE today on our behalf. If we don't get a resolution we have to go to the MP and file a denuncia against the CFE.

We have had an electrician or two over but I think we would need to have one look upstairs as well and I don't know if they will let us in again.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:39 pm

You mean this place is upstairs of your place?

If so, it is probably wired into one of your circuits. Did you try shutting down individual circuits?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Ms Thang, by pure cincidence I just spoke to my lawyer and asked him if people could come in into my property if I told them they were not allowed to do so.
THe answer is NO and the police cannot get in unless they have a court order. The case was about lawyers going into a little store in the house of a friend of mine who is indigenous. Even a store or a public place has the right not to let you in.
You can put an official complaint with CFE or the MP . If it would probabl be better if you could speak to the owner of the land or construction site and first ask him or her to stop using your electricity .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:32 pm

brigitte wrote:Ms Thang, by pure cincidence I just spoke to my lawyer and asked him if people could come in into my property if I told them they were not allowed to do so.
THe answer is NO and the police cannot get in unless they have a court order. The case was about lawyers  going into a little store in the house of a friend of mine who is indigenous.  Even a store or a public place has the right not to let you in.
You can put an official complaint with CFE or the MP . If it would probabl be better if you could speak to the owner of the land or construction site and first ask him or her to stop using your electricity .
Th
Oh I knocked on the door and they let me in and even showed me around. I doubt they will do that again. They did stop using the power tools and they are up there working by hand.

It is just so pathetic that this engineer and the landlord are too cheap to contact electricity like the rest of us. Instead they make all the rest of us pay and they are very wealthy people. My landlord owns both of Chapala's gas stations, it's not like she can't afford it. They are all horrible liars too, but they are at the church every time they open the doors.

I think the next stop will be the MP, I hate to even think about it.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next