INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great healthy cafes or juice bars in Lakeside?

4 posters

Go down

Great healthy cafes or juice bars in Lakeside? Empty Great healthy cafes or juice bars in Lakeside?

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Everyone!

We are preparing to move to Lakeside as soon as our home in Bend, Oregon sells. Can't wait to dive into a culturally rich environment!

We hope to find some organic markets and cafes in Lakeside or Guadalajara. Also some organic juice bars. We enjoy a varied diet, but hope to find sources for organic veggies, grass fed beef and free range chicken. I'd love to start a nice big folder on such sources, so thank you all for sharing!

Ciao!
~Mary and Paul
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Great healthy cafes or juice bars in Lakeside? Empty Re: Great healthy cafes or juice bars in Lakeside?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:53 am

There is Huerto Café which is an organic café and agriculture place.

Here is a link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Huertocafe

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Great healthy cafes or juice bars in Lakeside? Empty Re: Great healthy cafes or juice bars in Lakeside?

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi C-Bob! Hope you're okay with me calling you that! Thanks very much for the link to Huerto Cafe! It's those little things that will make our move an easy transition!
I'll buy you a green smoothie one day!
;-)))
Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Oregon2LakeChapala wrote:Hi C-Bob!  Hope you're okay with me calling you that!  Thanks very much for the link to Huerto Cafe!  It's those little things that will make our move an easy transition!
I'll buy you a green smoothie one day!  
;-)))
Mary
mary here is the link on UTUBE.......5300 sq'ft.   every room has Lake View.   Have a safe trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXWdcgPPxPM&feature=youtu.be
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi Jim!

Sent you a PM. Please let me know if it never arrives and I will write again.
Wow... your home is absolutely incredible!!!

Talk to you soon!
~Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 am

It's funny Mary, I was conversing with a Mexican lady recently, she has an American husband in his nineties who was beginning to feel poorly. I was extoling the virtues of "smoothies" for the elderly, she looked puzzled, "In addition to licuados" she asked. It turns out that Latin Americans perfected the morning health drink many, many generations ago. They are all customized to each persons tastes and real or imagined health requirements. One gardener has me on cactus juice.

http://www.lasplash.com/publish/cat_index_Food_and_Wine/Licuados_the_Latin_Smoothie_Finds_its_Place_in_American_Culture.php

Don't forget it is a gardener's paradise here, a year round growing season, no frost - ever. That is the basic choice living here - where you can enjoy blissful tranquility with space for wildlife and gardening (but need a vehicle), or lots of company (and noise!) where you can walk to neighbors/friends, restaurants, bars, crowds, etc.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Chillin!
Interesting info on Mexican smoothies! I use Almond Milk in mine, a big bunch of baby spinach or kale, and some frozen berries of frozen pineapple.
I hope we can grow our own organic veggie garden when we move!
And it will be fun to peruse the weekly fresh market!
Thanks for you hello! Hope to meet up with all the nice folks who are welcoming me so warmly on this forum!
Ciao!
Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down