INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will A Mexican Notorio notorize my signature on a document in English?

4 posters

Go down

Will A Mexican Notorio notorize my signature on a document in English? Empty Will A Mexican Notorio notorize my signature on a document in English?

Post by Clueless Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:09 am

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Will A Mexican Notorio notorize my signature on a document in English? Empty Re: Will A Mexican Notorio notorize my signature on a document in English?

Post by Intercasa Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:00 am

Yes, not all will but a few here lakeside speak English and one or two are official translators another has a spouse that is
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Will A Mexican Notorio notorize my signature on a document in English? Empty Re: Will A Mexican Notorio notorize my signature on a document in English?

Post by Clueless Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:27 am

Intercasa wrote:Yes, not all will but a few here lakeside speak English and one or two are official translators another has a spouse that is  

I just really need my signature notarized on a statement I made to send to the U.A.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Notartio #5 in Chapala, a couple of blocks before Spencer's office if you're heading east.  Receptionist is Norma, she speaks english.  Just tell her what you need.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:37 pm

David wrote:Notartio #5 in Chapala, a couple of blocks before Spencer's office if you're heading east.  Receptionist is Norma, she speaks english.  Just tell her what you need.

I'll do it.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:51 am

David wrote:Notartio #5 in Chapala, a couple of blocks before Spencer's office if you're heading east.  Receptionist is Norma, she speaks english.  Just tell her what you need.

I have been there before to have copies of my immigration papers certified: $50.

To get my signature on a document certified: $500.

I think this is high. Is it?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:58 am

That is low to normal, certified copies run 40 to 120 pesos, signature certifications run 500 pesos to 1500 pesos.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:00 am

I've always thought the services were bargain priced.  Did you ever use an attorney up north?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:37 am

David wrote:I've always thought the services were bargain priced.  Did you ever use an attorney up north?

Not an attorney, but a Notary is US$10 - $15.

I know attorney prices are over the top NOB and often a bargain here. I'm thinking of attorneys for legal stuff and not the average "form fillers."

Maybe my bank can do it.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:00 pm

Notarios ARE attorneys.  They are the ones that certify and file official documents such as wills and deeds.  There's no equivalent of a Notary here.  So $4US for a certified copy is a bargain (to me).
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:23 pm

not only are notarios attorneys here but they are higher ranking up the chain than a lawyer like spencer for example-right spencer? takes many more years of study and practice before one is appointed as a notario.
a friend of mine who has 2 masters and also teaches law and has a practice is now also a notario. oh and he was sent all over the world by the fed and state gummints to study and make recommendations for the change in this countries courtroom procedures. notarios here ain't no slouches.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:35 pm

David wrote:Notarios ARE attorneys.  They are the ones that certify and file official documents such as wills and deeds.  There's no equivalent of a Notary here.  So $4US for a certified copy is a bargain (to me).

I was told $500 (Pesos); maybe you did a typo?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:41 pm

$50 Pesos for a COPY.  No typo.  Signature is another matter.  Another choice: you can use the US Notary at the US Consulate for $50US.  You have options!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down