INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent Need for Ajijic Resident, Jim Collums

2 posters

Go down

Urgent Need for Ajijic Resident, Jim Collums Empty Urgent Need for Ajijic Resident, Jim Collums

Post by lunateak Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Last edited by lunateak on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : waiting for more info)
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Urgent Need for Ajijic Resident, Jim Collums Empty Re: Urgent Need for Ajijic Resident, Jim Collums

Post by simpsca Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:59 pm

The following information was sent to me by a friend:

There is an urgent need for AB positive blood platelets/ or blood donations. AB positive blood is extremely rare in Mexico as it is more common in people with Scandinavian decent.

If you have AB positive blood, and can donate, or know someone who can, you need to contact the IMSS hospital Jim is in. There are very strict rules for donation. You must be UNDER 60 years of age. You cannot smoke within "X" number of days, before donating...and more. I have been told he's at Centro Medico IMSS #39. You can call Rob Mohr if you need to.

Please remember, this is Rob's cell phone with limited minutes: 331-712-0100.

Many have asked about Jim's condition. What I know is that he got Septicemia from a kidney infection. Septicemia is blood poisoning, which is why he needs the blo
od.

I understand from the Cruz Roja website that the age limit is 65 - maybe different for IMSS.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Urgent Need for Ajijic Resident, Jim Collums Empty Re: Urgent Need for Ajijic Resident, Jim Collums

Post by simpsca Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:36 pm

I don't know if Jim's friend knows this but type AB is a universal acceptor - can accept all types of blood A+, B+, O+

"AB is considered the "universal acceptor".

Type A blood can be donated to individuals with Type A and Type AB blood. This is because Type A blood will not trigger an antibody reaction in either of these types. Type A can receive blood from Type A or Type O.

Type B blood can be donated to individuals with Type B and Type AB blood. This is because Type B blood will not trigger an antibody reaction in individuals these individuals. Type B individuals can receive blood form Type B and Type O.

Type AB blood can be donated to individuals with Type AB blood only. Due to the dual antigen coat of Type AB blood, it causes an antibody response in all other blood types. Type AB blood on the other hand is known as the "universal acceptor" because individuals with this blood type have no antibodies that react to the presence of either the A or B blood antigen coat
."
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:10 pm

I just took this off TOB - I know the person who posted it.

Many of you received emails for requests for Blood. -- AB Positive for Jim. According to the latest new that I have received, Jim got the blood he needed, had surgery last night and as of this morning seems to have pulled through the surgery.

Stay tuned and keep those prayers and good wishes comin
g.

I also understand that several people tried to donate and Dr. Juan Pablo informed them that if they were over 60 they could not donate blood. If that is true it's a change for IMSS - used to be 65. Several people who donated for Tony Jackson were rejected due to age.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down