INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today protests for 43 students in Mexico & world

+3
sparks
viajero
Oldyfeliz
7 posters

Go down

Today protests for 43 students in Mexico & world Empty Today protests for 43 students in Mexico & world

Post by Oldyfeliz Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:39 pm

This is a partial list of the protests in the World & Mexico today and tomorrow to

"bring back the 43 students" that were murdered

This protest is "gaining legs" and is going to get serious.
Schools closed in Mexico today & tomorrow
>
> http://loquesigue.net/2014/10/listado-de-mas-de-80-manifestaciones-en-todo-el-mundo-en-apoyo-a-ayotzinapa-para-este-22-de-octubre/

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Today protests for 43 students in Mexico & world Empty Re: Today protests for 43 students in Mexico & world

Post by viajero Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Oldyfeliz wrote:
Schools closed in Mexico today & tomorrow
What schools?
My kid went to school today and he's going to school tomorrow.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Today protests for 43 students in Mexico & world Empty Re: Today protests for 43 students in Mexico & world

Post by Oldyfeliz Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:55 pm

evidently not all

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:00 pm

Schools open here
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 pm

There will be a march at 6pm in San Cristobal by the Zapatistas and others.  I will go and see if other people are joining in but they predict that all roads out of town will be closed down..nothing super unusual here.

The rumor all over the street is that the students were burnt alive by the police not the cartels, Three different cab drivers told me that today..If that turns out to be true we can expect more demonstrations.
The priest who says he has a map given to him by a witness of where they were killed, demanded an audiance with the justice department yesterday but was not heard yesterday. He threatened to give the map to the parents if the justice department does not hear him today. So if that is true I would thing that more problems can be expected.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 pm

brigitte wrote:There will be a march at 6pm in San Cristobal by the Zapatistas and others.  I will go and see if other people are joining in but they predict that all roads out of town will be closed down..nothing super unusual here.

The rumor all over the street is that the students were burnt alive by the police not the cartels, Three different cab drivers told me that today..If that turns out to be true we can expect more demonstrations.
The priest who says he has a map given to him by a witness of where they were killed, demanded an audiance with the justice department yesterday but was not heard yesterday. He threatened to give the map to the parents if the justice department does not hear him today. So if that is true I would thing that more problems can be expected.

The police who are controlled and "work" for the cartel(s).

A  distinction without a difference.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Explorador Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:30 pm

This is one of the best stories I've seen on what happened: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-mayor-linked-deadly-attack-students-26381875

Explorador

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:29 am

That is just a translation of what the Mexican press is saying and there are several versions to that story.
Thank Slainte I did not know the police was working for the cartels Very Happy

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 am

brigitte wrote:That is just a translation of what the Mexican press is saying and there are several versions to that story.
Thank Slainte I did not know the police was working for the cartels Very Happy

Well, there was reported a lot of connections and payoffs to the presidente and his wife (in Iguala), that if are true, would lead one to believe that, at least in the de facto sense.
The fact that madam president was upset because the students were going to disrupt her speech to some charitable group and had to be dealt with is reprehensible. The Marie Antoinette of Guerrero.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:24 am

I was surprised about the connection with the wife - he ran the town, she ran the cartel. At least according to the "The News" of Mexico City and Associated Press article.
BY E. EDUARDO CASTILLO

AND MARK STEVENSON

The Associated Press

MEXICO CITY – Officials said Wednesday that a drug gang implicated in the disappearance of 43 students in a southern city essentially ran the town, paying the mayor hundreds of thousands of dollars a month out of its profits from making opium paste to fuel the U.S. heroin market.

The Guerreros Unidos cartel’s deep connections with local officials in Iguala came to a head Sept. 26 when the mayor ordered city police to detain protesting students, who were then turned over to the drug gang.

Attorney General Jesús Murillo Karam said on Wednesday that investigators had found a total of nine mass graves containing 30 sets of human remains during the hunt for the missing students.

While the students remain missing, Murillo Karam said the arrests of Iguala police officers and the leader of the Guerreros Unidos gang, Sidronio Casarrubias, had provided more evidence about the events leading up to their disappearance.

Murillo Karam said Iguala Mayor José Luis Abarca ordered police to detain students who hijacked four buses because the mayor thought they were going to try to disrupt a speech by his wife, María de los Angeles Pineda.

Abarca, his wife and the Iguala police chief are all fugitives.

Authorities had previously reported that the wife, Pineda, had family ties to Guerreros Unidos. But Murillo Karam said it was much more than that, reporting that Casarrubias, the arrested drug gang leader, said she was “the main operator of criminal activities” in Iguala.

Casarrubias also said the mayor had gotten payments of 2 million to 3 million pesos ($150,000-$220,000) every few weeks, as a bribe and to pay off his corrupt police force.

After Iguala police picked up the students, Murillo Karam said, the youths were taken to a police station and then to the nearby town of Cocula. At some point they were loaded aboard a dump truck and taken — apparently still alive — to an area on the outskirts of Iguala where the mass graves have been found, he said.

At that point, Casarrubias told authorities, one of his lieutenants told him the students were members or sympathizers of a rival gang, the attorney general said.

http://www.thenews.com.mx/index.php/home-articulos/27535-Authorities-link-mayor-to-crime
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Marie Antoinette was a clueless dumb blond, I do not think you can accuse the mayor´s wife of being a dumb blond.
She is part of a mob family and who knows what her involvement is.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 pm

The Bourbones were a mob family who eventually lost their heads to a mob.  
Maybe Maria Antoinette de los Angeles should be turned over to the parents of the students, if she is ever found.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down