INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA?

+5
otrocanuck
Luisa
Flamingo
Jim W
riogrande888
9 posters

Go down

What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA? Empty What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA?

Post by riogrande888 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:22 pm

I know different private mailboxes have policies about accepting meds sent from the USA. I am moving here and need to set up a box that accepts meds. Suggestions of ways to get my meds every other month or so?

Thanks!
riogrande888
riogrande888

Back to top Go down

What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA? Empty Re: What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA?

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:55 pm

riogrande888, I know you probably have done this, buy it here.....normally cheaper. Shipping meds into Mexico is dicey!

Good luck!

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA? Empty Insurance for my meds,so they are free..need to get them here

Post by riogrande888 Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Any ideas? I heard there is a guy who goes to Laredo.. Who is this and how do I contact him? I am new to the area.. Thanks in advance.
riogrande888
riogrande888

Back to top Go down

What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA? Empty Re: What private mailbox accepts medications mailed from the USA?

Post by Flamingo Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Contact iShop in Ajijic who was formerly Mail Boxes Etc. MBE could accept medication, but I don't know about iShop. We have received OTC meds at Sol y Luna but since most meds are cheaper here, I haven't needed to ship prescription meds.

http://www.ishopnmail.com/
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:00 pm

riogrande888 wrote:Any ideas? I heard there is a guy who goes to Laredo.. Who is this and how do I contact him? I am new to the area.. Thanks in advance.

I don't think he transports drugs. That could put him in a very difficult position. Sorry.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by otrocanuck Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:15 pm

I bought meds internationally and had them sent by mail - regular good old fashioned Mexican mail service - took about seven weeks to come from UK but all arrived as they should.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Be aware, it depends on the drugs you are bringing in. I wouldn't bring any drug into Mexico, and with or without a prescription.

Prescriptions are soooooooo cheap in Mexico. Just to avoid a hassle @ Immigration.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Yes Jim, many prescription drugs are very economical here in Mexico. But being cheap, I get most of my prescription drugs up North for almost free (Thank you Medicare) and fly down with them, 3 to 4 times per year. I've been doing it since 1997. Now my Rx drugs are very weak, and are not the type one could get high from. Most are mild high blood pressure and headache meds

And so far, I have had no problem with these medicines. I Bring in 90 days of drugs at a time. I would be afraid to do so if my meds were expensive or if they could be sold on the street by drug dealers. I always bring in the Rx paperwork as well.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:12 pm

PERFECT! Pete, I thought you were a Canadian? Now I must insist when we visit for the Oregon vs. Washington, and you buy the
Rum n Coke! LMAO.........big game Saturday, BEAVERS vs. DUCKS!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Jim, although I have lived in the greater Seattle area much of my life, different members of our family have primitive cottages or summer homes close to Canada or in Canada, on Vancouver Island.

In fact we had and I paid for Star Choice (Now Shaw Direct) satellite on Vancouver Island a year or two before they launched a new satellite (Anik F-1) that reached/reaches central Mexico. So in 2001 when the new satellite was launched and activated, I had a Star Choice system already hooked up on a 2.4 meter (8 foot)satellite dish, because we didn't know any better. Now we know a dish, smaller than 3 feet in diameter would work.  (The Shaw Direct 75 E elliptical dish that many use down here measures only 26.5 by 36.5 inches and gets signals from Anik F1r and Anik F2 which includes HD in much of Mexico)

It even gets Seattle, Spokane and Detroit US network channels.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 pm

You can always ask your physician to give you a "double or triple dose" prescription or a "vacation" prescription.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:56 pm

That's exactly what I do, Solajijic. The Doc gives me an Rx of twice the dose, as long as I can cut or break the pills in half.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:01 am

Yes, no problem if you're bringing in medications for yourself.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:30 am

Jim W wrote:PERFECT! Pete, I thought you were a Canadian?   Now I  must insist when we visit for the Oregon vs. Washington, and you buy the
Rum n Coke!    LMAO.........big game Saturday, BEAVERS vs.  DUCKS!

For the folks who don't know this is the big civil war game and the funny part is it is probably more important to win the civil war game than the rose bowl.

GO BEAVS

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:57 pm

I have had my Medicare Rx (90 days) sent a number of times through Sol y Luna. It always gets here okay. Cost is 90 pesos plus 1/2 the value on the receipt for duty. However.... When it is given to me all I have gotten are the bottles, no longer in a package and no paperwork. I am no longer comfortable with this. I now either get my Rx local or have them mailed when I go to the U.S.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down