INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Borders Closed

+9
Canmex 87
Lady Otter Latté
zenwoodle
hockables
Newfhugger
Trailrunner
Oldyfeliz
viajero
bimini6
13 posters

Go down

Borders Closed Empty Borders Closed

Post by elgringo Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:05 pm

You Have got to be Fricking Kidding me. Made great time to the border today only to find that it was closed. ALL crossings were closed due to a peaceful protest by the car nationalization people and will be closed until further notice, As I was informed by one of the protesters. The Police drove by but never stopped. I made a comment about it and the guy told me they will do nothing due to the fact that the protest is being backed by the cartel.
I arrived at 2:30 and waited till 4:45 before I gave up
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Borders Closed Empty Re: Borders Closed

Post by bimini6 Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Glad I am not headed that way. Guess we better all stay down here! I have not seen any news about this which is strange!

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:58 pm

elgringo wrote:You Have got to be Fricking Kidding me. Made great time to the border today only to find that it was closed. ALL crossings were closed due to a peaceful protest by the car nationalization people and will be closed until further notice, As I was informed by one of the protesters. The Police drove by but never stopped. I made a comment about it and the guy told me they will do nothing due to the fact that the protest is being backed by the cartel.
I arrived at 2:30 and waited till 4:45 before I gave up
Which border crossing?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldyfeliz Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Poster stated that All Border Crossings were closed

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:57 pm

So, EVERY border crossing between the US and Mexico (CA, AZ, NM, TX) is closed? As well as the border between Mexico and Guatemala? REALLY???
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfhugger Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:37 pm

According to the online Laredo newspaper, they are saying that people can still cross at the Columbia bridge. That is the only story I could come up with on this issue and it only said that things were closed because of "protests". No details on why.

Newfhugger

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 pm

******************************** WE'RE TRAPPED ***********************************************

Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Oldyfeliz wrote:Poster stated that All Border Crossings were closed
Did he? Did you believe him??

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:14 pm

hockables wrote:

******************************** WE'RE  TRAPPED ***********************************************

Beer
Pass the tequila, the weather is fine. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:28 pm

I would much rather be trapped on THIS side of border! I am with Zen. Pass the tequila.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:46 am

I just checked the web site for border wait times (http://bwt.cbp.gov/) and it indicates normal crossing times with no problems mentioned.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:28 am

Is this a spoof?

I agree with Zen, I'm happy to be on this side of the border.

Very Happy
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:29 am

Maybe only a few crossings were closed???

I am going to have a Christmas Beer.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:45 am

If Elgringo said the borders were closed I have no doubt about it. He travels north regularly. Whether he meant every border into Mexico.......probably not, but certainly all the ones around him and I assume he is at the Texas borders.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Crossed the Border at 5:30 this morning and everything was back open. I asked the guy at the booth on the Mexican side and he said the Police broke up the protest at around 11 PM on Thursday. As for All crossings I was referring to Laredo crossings and yes Columbia was closed too. I should have said Laredo I will take the hit for leaving that out.
As for as if it is a spoof I could care less what you think, anyone that knows me knows I don't Bullshit
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:16 am

I asked if it was a spoof, I didn't say that it was.

Thanks for answering. What were they protesting? The requirement for a U.S. export clearance now?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:56 am

They said that the Government had stopped all importation of vehicles into Mexico. The protesters were supposedly all the companies that do the importations. The kid said that the Cartel was backing them because the is a way they wash their money.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 am

I just got this email:
EMERGENCY MESSAGE FOR U.S. CITIZENS: MASS PROTESTS AND POINTS OF ENTRY BLOCKADES EXPECTED FROM TIJUANA TO MATAMOROS ON DECEMBER 8, 2014

This message is to inform U.S. citizens of significantly delayed crossing times and of the potential closure of many of the points of entry (POEs) between the United States and Mexico due to multiple protests on Monday December 8th, 2014, starting at 10:00 AM.

The protests concern changes in Mexican customs regulations for the importation of vehicles. While protestors are only looking to block POEs with heavy commercial traffic, there is a possibility that other POEs into the U.S. could also be affected. At this time, there is no information that leads us to believe that these protests would be violent. However, demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence at any time. U.S. citizens are urged to avoid areas of demonstrations, and to exercise caution if in the vicinity of any protests.

U.S. Citizens are strongly encouraged to monitor local news outlets for information about possible protests and POE closures in their area. In the past, similar protests have paralyzed bridge traffic between Eastern Texas and the Mexican State of Tamaulipas. Points of entry that have remained open have experienced long delays.

Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates and any news of other protest activity throughout the country of Mexico. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.

We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling or residing abroad enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). STEP enrollment allows you to receive the Department’s safety and security updates, and makes it easier for the nearest U.S. embassy or U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you do not have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Regularly monitor the State Department’s website where you can find current Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Worldwide Caution, and read the Country Specific Information for your destination countries. For additional information, refer to the "Traveler's Checklist" on the State Department's website. Current information on safety and security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from within the United States and Canada, or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down