INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration?

+5
Jim W
CanuckBob
RVGRINGO
roni
OldLars
9 posters

Go down

Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration? Empty Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration?

Post by OldLars Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi, All --- I thought I saw an earlier discussion on this point some time ago, but I can't find it now.

For the first little while in Mexico we're going to do the 6-month, border-turnaround thing; we shouldn't need to do so for very many cycles before we can arrange resident visas. So technically when we first arrive we'll be on standard tourist visas. Do y'all recommend buying a full return fare and just eating the expense, or do the immigration officers mind that someone arriving for a 6-month stay (with cats) does not have a return flight booked?

Thanks for insights!

OldLars

Back to top Go down

Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration? Empty Re: Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration?

Post by roni Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:34 pm

We flew to Merida non-stop when we moved on Jan 31, 2014. No questions asked or answered.

We have been traveling to Mexico for 11 years and were never asked about a return ticket

roni

Back to top Go down

Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration? Empty Re: Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration?

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:24 pm

No need for return tickets, but do be sure that your airline(s) will let your cat fly, if in cargo, depending upon the plane and the weather.
Have a great visit & be careful to note that 180 days is a bit less than 6 months, so leave on time. The day of arrival and the day of departure do count.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Mexican Immigration could care less about a one way ticket. In fact they don't even know or ever ask.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:22 pm

One way tickets are a red flag.....You may never had a problem, but you are flagged!
I damn near ended up in the home security jail. My bag tag was lost as baggage broke off the handle and tag between GDL and PHO. Couldn't check my bag after customs, advised I must recheck and get new tag. So now my large bag had no handle...carried a 40 pound bag thru the terminal, to recheck. Then while rechecking, I was pulled out for re screening. I said WTF.....Jims good at stepping on his unit. After 10 minutes sitting in the booth, Jim almost went to jail. I flipped out cause the whole issue wasn't caused by me. DUDE, comes in an apologizes, cause all inspectors were on break! I must be patient! TFF
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Going into the US everything is a red flag.......as per that last thread......jajaja.

Into Mexico "nada problemo"..... Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration? 169387
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:42 pm

One way into Mexico is not a problem. They do not ask to see your ticket.
Into the US it can be a problem and has been for me in the past.
Don't waste the money on return airfare.
Come here and spend it on tequila. Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:03 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Going into the US everything is a red flag.......as per that last thread......jajaja.

Into Mexico "nada problemo"..... Opinions please -- is a one-way air ticket into Mexico a red flag to immigration? 169387

CB, do ya think I created a big red flag, when I lit up a bowl...with my permit?  Gawd I crack my self up....kinda like a brain stuck on "STUPID"...... lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by OldLars Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks so much! You folks are the best! And a collective riot! Very Happy

OldLars

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:05 pm

did it last week no problema
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:20 am

I had a friend run into that problem with Delta Air a couple of years ago. When she was checking in the attendant told her Mexico required a RT ticket After about 5 minute discussion, she purchased a 1st class, fully refundable ticket for the return home using her credit card. Needless to say she got her refund the in the next few days.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:30 pm

For a few years after 9/11, one-way tickets to Mexico on Mexicana were sometimes a problem, sometimes not. One way tickets into the US were also a problem for even a longer period of time.
Today, since schedule/timing is important to us, we usually fly out of Mexico on one airline, continue another leg on a second airlines, and return on a third. All purchased separately.
So far, no problema. I make a point, though, to have in hand the confirmation of either a continuing flight or the return flight when flying into the US - just in case.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down