INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody with experience buying on Mercado Libre?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody with experience buying on Mercado Libre? Empty Anybody with experience buying on Mercado Libre?

Post by Traveller Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:25 pm

I want to purchase an ítem on Mercado Libre but my account, which I signed up for a couple of years ago but have never successfully used, has been suspended. There's a contact email to solve this issue but although they promised to get back within 48 hours, they don't. Language isn't an issue; I can read and write Spanish well enough to communicate with them, if they would communicate with me.

So has anyone successfully used Mercado Libre?

Are permanentes allowed to use it or do you have to be a citizen?

Should I cancel my account and try signing up again? I'm really frustrated about not being able to buy my stuff!
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anybody with experience buying on Mercado Libre? Empty Re: Anybody with experience buying on Mercado Libre?

Post by DaveP Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:58 am

Traveller wrote:I want to purchase an ítem on Mercado Libre but my account, which I signed up for a couple of years ago but have never successfully used, has been suspended. There's a contact email to solve this issue but although they promised to get back within 48 hours, they don't. Language isn't an issue; I can read and write Spanish well enough to communicate with them, if they would communicate with me.

So has anyone successfully used Mercado Libre?

Are permanentes allowed to use it or do you have to be a citizen?

Should I cancel my account and try signing up again? I'm really frustrated about not being able to buy my stuff!

I have purchased with no problems at all
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Anybody with experience buying on Mercado Libre? Empty Re: Anybody with experience buying on Mercado Libre?

Post by gatosigi Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:41 am

I have been ripped off and received some help to resolve the theft. I have had excellent experiences with conscientious sellers. I would not risk a lot of money. It is sometimes just as cheap to buy on eBay and pay the import charges -- just do not exceed more than one courier delivery in a calendar month or you could go into customs hell.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:48 am

gatosigi wrote:I have been ripped off and received some help to resolve the theft. I have had excellent experiences with conscientious sellers. I would not risk a lot of money. It is sometimes just as cheap to buy on eBay and pay the import charges -- just do not exceed more than one courier delivery in a calendar month or you could go into customs hell.

Pay through Mercado Pago and your purchase is insured. Also only buy from sellers with high ratings.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:06 am

I have bought a few items and have been satisfied.

I'm concerned with having things shipped here since I think they use a Ouija board to figure how much duty to charge.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:16 pm

"Pay through Mercado Pago and your purchase is insured. Also only buy from sellers with high ratings."
Yes, and go through all the detail comments of the ratings. The cumulative ratings of either Mercado Libre or eBay do not mean much.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 am

I have purchased items with success and paid through my Bancomer account. And DO only deal with sellers having high ratings.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down