INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much import duty can/should I be charged on an item I bring in?

3 posters

Go down

How much import duty can/should I be charged on an item I bring in? Empty How much import duty can/should I be charged on an item I bring in?

Post by Clueless Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:27 am

If I bring in a single item (LASER printer) and it's new and I have a legitimate receipt showing the cost of US$160.00, do I have to pay duty if it's for my personal use, and if so, how much.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How much import duty can/should I be charged on an item I bring in? Empty Re: How much import duty can/should I be charged on an item I bring in?

Post by Gamina Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:40 am

IF you are driving, no. It's for personal use and you can go thru the "nothing to declare" line. No for airline as the limit is higher.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How much import duty can/should I be charged on an item I bring in? Empty Re: How much import duty can/should I be charged on an item I bring in?

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Its three hundred by land and five hundred by airplane is the exception to duty. I don't believe you owe anything.  When I have brought back much electronics and was over five hundred I paid the same IVA tax 15.5% like you do at any store on the amount over five hundred. Paid taxes two or three times this way. Last time was last year.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down