INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am seeking woven palm mats and used wool rugs

4 posters

Go down

I am seeking woven palm  mats and used wool rugs Empty I am seeking woven palm mats and used wool rugs

Post by riogrande888 Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:48 am

I am looking for some large woven mats made out of palm fronds. Do they sell them down here? If so where?

I am also seeking wool or cotton used rugs. I have checked the consignment stores, and will continue to so so.

Any other suggestions?

riogrande888
riogrande888

Back to top Go down

I am seeking woven palm  mats and used wool rugs Empty Re: I am seeking woven palm mats and used wool rugs

Post by benjji Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:21 am

Julie Hensley is currently setting up a sale of a private home's contents...the people are leaving Mexico...usually rugs are left behind in these sales....why not ask her to include you on her mailing list?

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I am seeking woven palm  mats and used wool rugs Empty Re: I am seeking woven palm mats and used wool rugs

Post by otrocanuck Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:54 am

Beware of any woven goods that use natural materials. They are almost always the carrier of "powder post beetles". A tiny bug that lives inside natural materials like palm mats baskets, or equipali furniture. It took me about two years of constant attention to rid my house of them. They burrow into unfinished wooden items, make their homes and nests in the material and will consume any wood or natural fibers in your house. If you see a fine powder on the floor under your wooden items it is wood dust they have eaten to make a home for themselves.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Ask around where you can buy petates , it is the name of the palm mats.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down