INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no ring tone on house phone from telmex

+2
Trailrunner
motoman123
6 posters

Go down

no ring tone on house phone from telmex Empty no ring tone on house phone from telmex

Post by motoman123 Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Last night we notice on our house phone a incoming call on the screen of our Motorola house phone but no ring. I tried several times with my cell phone and no ring tone but the phone would show my cellphone # on the screen and we could answer and talk I tried several other phones different brands and I could dial out but I could not get any to ring ! Has anyone experienced this strange happening??? I have a call into telmex for service I guess with telmex and cfe it will always be an adventure
Best

motoman123

Back to top Go down

no ring tone on house phone from telmex Empty Re: no ring tone on house phone from telmex

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Is there a volume/mute control on the phone?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

no ring tone on house phone from telmex Empty Re: no ring tone on house phone from telmex

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:44 am

You have lost ring voltage.  When you call a landline it puts voltage on the line to make the ringer (remember those two bells with the clapper in the middle) work.  Try another phone but probably a wiring on Telmex problem. This is a time to keep an old analog phone around that doesn't have to be plugged in and is very reliable for troubleshooting.  Throw a VOM on the line and call it you should see a voltage spike.

I assumed you checked mute or volume control and you have tried a different phone.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:34 pm

We have had the same off and on problem for weeks now. Ever since they started offering the free to U.S. and Canada service. Finally got a service call, they put a new line in from the street. We now get dial tone but no ring.

One tip - if you want to speak to a technician in English, you have to call 01-800-123-5454. They are very good - but for a service call you have to tell them your internet drops too. If you tell them that it is only a telephone problem, they will tell you that they cannot help, and you must dial 01-800-123-2222. This is an automated system which will prompt you to enter the phone number you are asking about (if you are calling from another phone such as cell). Then you wait. Still waiting. Then someone will eventually call, but they have no technicians who are comfortable in English. Which is totally understandable. Either learn Spanish or hire a bilingual Personal Valet (with uniform and the house crest of course).

I have a feeling that once the Telmex/Dish Network bird and dishes are up they will do very little to service landlines. It loses too much money running all that expensive switchgear. I have a feeling that is what is going on right now.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:18 pm

At my office we have no dial tone today and calls go to voicemail, we reported it.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

no ring tone on house phone from telmex Empty no ring tone on house phone from telmex

Post by motoman123 Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:20 pm

Well I tried the phone this afternoon and I have a real live all things functioning Mexican Home phone and it rings my life has been a continuing adventure since I move to Mexico thank all for input. I did call telmex they didn't come out you never know down here
Best

motoman123

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Looks like you have it working but I just wanted to give information in case others are needing help with this trouble.

The problem of no ringing is a problem with the ring generator (or your secific phone). This item is located in the Central office or if you are on a pairgain system, it is located in the main cabinet down the street. Land lines are a -48v system. When a call comes in, the ring generator places +120v on the line, this is what rings your phone. If you have no ringing, there is no need for anyone to come to your home. The problem will be fixed at the CO or at the pairgain. You are also not the only one having the problem. The other subscribers on you shelf are also having it.
So if more than one phone is having the problem it is probably withe the phone company.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:35 am

tictoc wrote:Looks like you have it working but I just wanted to give information in case others are needing help with this trouble.

The problem of no ringing is a problem with the ring generator (or your secific phone). This item  is located in the Central office or if you are on a pairgain system, it is located in the main cabinet down the street. Land lines are a -48v system. When a call comes in, the ring generator places +120v on the line, this is what rings your phone. If you have no ringing, there is no need for anyone to come to your home. The problem will be fixed at the CO or at the pairgain. You are also not the only one having the problem. The other subscribers on you shelf are also having it.
So if more than one phone is having the problem it is probably withe the phone company.
Another phone guy... I worked running a big NT switch and an old Rolm switch.  Enjoyable and interesting work especially the PCS experimental switch from NT we used. I remember the big deal of walking around with a phone that rang wherever you were in the building.  Now its so common with walki talki phone technology.  Who knows what is next but nice to know someone else knows too much about ring tone laugh out loud.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down