INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business

+8
hueco_negro
viajero
Pedro
Flamingo
CanuckBob
spacedebris
Lady Otter Latté
sm1mex
12 posters

Go down

TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business  Empty TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business

Post by sm1mex Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:12 pm

No business names or names of people conducting business will be allowed to be placed on this board.
So if you want a recommendation of where to buy tires or eye glasses, etc, check here.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business  Empty Re: TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:37 pm

I just looked at the new content listing on TOB. There are 25 new posts per "page." On page one, 19 of the 25 were asking for or giving referrals or reviewing a business or service or asking a business-related question.
I think the administrator shot from the hip and did not consider what having and enforcing such a rule would mean to the usefulness of the board.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business  Empty Re: TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business

Post by spacedebris Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Given the above analysis, apparently 76% of the current content on TOB would migrate to this Board as a consequence of the ill-thought "policy" mandated by the moderator..

spacedebris

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Well at least one of their moderators hasn't had a sane thought in many years so nothing new there........ TOB-No recommendations of names of conducting business  169387
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:55 am

The was a VERY long series of diatribes against several local doctors. It was pointed out that the Dr couldn't defend him or herself due to client/patient confidentiality but the patent could go on and on and on... in excruciating detail. Maybe all the claims were true, maybe some were true, maybe not.

I suspect the moderator just got fed up and over reacted.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:43 am

It was odd that the thread was allowed to go on so long when other threads were locked tight for much less. The mods were not powerless to stop the thread, lock it, delete it or anything else they have regularly done. It seemed as though no one was moderating. Then after a couple of days, the admin checked in and flipped out.
Now, will the admin stubbornly leave the "rule" standing or admit it was an overreaction?
BTW. is there anywhere on TOB where rules are posted? I have looked and can't find them. It seems "rules" pop up in response to specific threads and are stated in the thread. If you miss the post you are unaware of the rule until you break it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 am

When you open a selection of your topic on TOB, it says Rules and Reminders, Keep it Civil towards the top of the page of your selection you have opened.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:13 am

really? you mean the easily seen pin in green that refers to rules-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:17 am

"Maybe it's time for some of us who want more freedom but without the abuse to start our own local board...PM me if your interested." MC

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:21 am

Oh good! I look forward to reading mainecoons.com. THAT should be a fun board.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:24 am

I think this board will really become popular since we can help each other giving recommendations for things we are looking and not be penalized.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Oh good! I look forward to reading mainecoons.com. THAT should be a fun board.
I'm looking forward to it as well.
Maybe he'll let me be a moderator.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:49 am

Thank you, sm1mx. I don't access chapala.com through that forum so I did not see it.

Although there is a lovely lecture there by the Grand Mufti the section has not been updated. Recently, in one of the threads a new rule was stated about not publicly criticizing the moderators. If you have something to say about a moderator you have to PM it. There is no mention of that in the formal rules though. If you did not read that thread and see the post you are not aware of the rule. Of course, the new Rule about no naming of businesses isn't there either.

So, rules get invented, are mentioned in threads and never seen again. The stealth rules are handy though if a mod does not like a post (or a particular poster) and wants to slap them with a warning point or suspension.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:53 am

At the end of the topic Not So Good Doctors, the moderator put No business names or names of people conducting business will be allowed to be placed on this board.
You will have to be PM'd the information privately.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:59 am

Apparently it was the administrator who flipped out and created that rule on the spot. Mainecoons (Moderator 2) posted that he and the other two mods were "blindsided" by this. They were discussing among themselves how to address the issue with the admin. I am guessing, "Are you out of your mind? This is the stupidest thing you could have done" is not how they will approach it.  Very Happy

Last edited by Lady Otter Latté on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:03 am

Chapala, Ajijic, Lake Chapala's favorite and open minded information resource.

If the tag line "Talk forum for people living in Lake Chapala" is changed to something like the above insidelakeside.com will end up closer to the top of search engine results. As it stands now I did a google search on "Lake Chapala" and it didn't show up until the middle of the third page whereas more useless sites were on the first page. So anytime someone uses a search term with either Chapala or Ajijic this should help.

Food for thought to get us recognized initially by newbies and maybe a few oldies as well.

hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:07 am

Excellent food for thought Hueco. I LIKE it!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:20 am

hueco_negro wrote:Chapala, Ajijic, Lake Chapala's favorite and open minded information resource.

If the tag line "Talk forum for people living in Lake Chapala" is changed to something like the above insidelakeside.com will end up closer to the top of search engine results.  As it stands now I did a google search on "Lake Chapala" and it didn't show up until the middle of the third page whereas more useless sites were on the first page.  So anytime someone uses a search term with either Chapala or Ajijic this should help.

Food for thought to get us recognized initially by newbies and maybe a few oldies as well.  

i'm sure bob has already entered the key words necessary to find this forum on google,etc.. check out "chapala forums" and you will even find mine on the first page.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:20 am

viajero wrote:"Maybe it's time for some of us who want more freedom but without the abuse to start our own local board...PM me if your interested." MC

This explains why I woke up this morning in a cold sweat.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:26 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Oh good! I look forward to reading mainecoons.com. THAT should be a fun board.

Someone posted about the new investments on tob to be made in Mexico by Toyota and Ford....some 3.5 billion USD and coons explained why Jalisco isn't getting any of it by linking to two sources...one from 2013 and the other from 1999.
Can't wait for his own administered and moderated board for the latest for all to live by.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:31 am

Rosa Venus wrote:
viajero wrote:"Maybe it's time for some of us who want more freedom but without the abuse to start our own local board...PM me if your interested." MC

This explains why I woke up this morning in a cold sweat.

Sleep well, Rosa. An MC-owned webboard will be about as popular as Pedro's webboard.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 am

Sounds like old Francisco Fuzzbutt the hack and slash mod is back over there, gee I missed him, like I miss an infected hemorrhoid.

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:54 am

diamondtuffy wrote:Sounds like old Francisco Fuzzbutt the hack and slash mod is back over there, gee I missed him, like I miss an infected hemorrhoid.
you will continue to miss him as he was a she who is now a newfie-lucky them-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:12 pm

I respectfully disagree about the keywords Pedro since I don't think the search engines pay much attention to them anymore.  I believe that the URL itself and then the opening tag line are much more important now in how they determine the search result rankings and that's why other site show up long before this one.  Keywords became so abused they might even be totally ignored now by the search engines.  Yours shows up on the first page because it has Chapala as part of the URL.

I stand by the FFT suggestion.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:18 pm

I'll give it a go.

Gracias.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down