INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How safe is it to send a package from NOB to here (and are they all opened by Aduana)?

+4
Intercasa
otrocanuck
CanuckBob
Clueless
8 posters

Go down

How safe is it to send a package from NOB to here (and are they all opened by Aduana)? Empty How safe is it to send a package from NOB to here (and are they all opened by Aduana)?

Post by Clueless Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:34 am

I have always been under the impression that having a package sent here from NOB was risky on two fronts, 1) They get opened by (dishonest) Mexican postal workers and anything worth anything is removed, and 2) Aduana opens them all and again, anything worth anything is detained and I have to go to Aduana to get it and pay through the nose for duty.

Now on this board, I read about packages being received, etc.

Any positive (or horror) stories?

And I know about books.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How safe is it to send a package from NOB to here (and are they all opened by Aduana)? Empty Re: How safe is it to send a package from NOB to here (and are they all opened by Aduana)?

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 am

I haven't had any problems with packages other than the time some of them take to get here.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

How safe is it to send a package from NOB to here (and are they all opened by Aduana)? Empty Re: How safe is it to send a package from NOB to here (and are they all opened by Aduana)?

Post by otrocanuck Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:48 am

I order prescriptions over the internet, so far two out of two have arrived at my door without any missing. Took eight weeks for what is described as 7 - 10 business days for delivery, but they arrived!!! I ended up paying a bit "extra" to the delivery person who quickly scribbled a number on the bottom of his delivery notice and then showed it to me and requested payment. About ten times what the year previous amount was - I paid it without question - just delighted it arrived.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:37 am

Depends what you are sending, checks, money, goodies and things made of wood often have problems and dont always arrive.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by eagles100 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:07 am

My mother mailed me 2 greeting cards from Canada in the same envelope.
I only received one so obviously someone stole the fancy "singing" card. My mother was terribly disappointed as she said it was the most fitting card she's ever seen. Not a great loss but she was upset.
eagles100
eagles100
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:12 pm

I've given up on using the regular mail long ago.  If you want to send a musical greeting by email, there are some nice ones available through the likes of Jacquie Lawson and her cohorts.

The most reliable service for getting packages has proved to be ESTAFETA, rather than the others.  Haven't missed a delivery yet.  Fingers crossed.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 pm

Don't send bacon!
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:24 pm

well gringal my zapotec friends had rugs stolen in Mexico by Estafeta. My metal friends had crosses stolen in Mexico by UPS or customs and the only package I did not receive via DHL was an apostilled birth certificate I needed badly... I think things happened all over the place and since we are in Mexico  it is no one´s responsabilityt especially not the shipping company..I also had babies´clothes my sister sent stolen. via the post office. I even had the lawyers from UPS telling PROFECO I was the one who had stolen the crosses. They did not know I was in the room and I had all the photos and receipts to prove the boxes were empty when we opened them and full when we sent them...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Where is Estafeta's office in the Lakeside area?

I went to the office right across from Walmart and asked the kid behind the counter about Estafeta and he said they don't take stuff for Estafeta. Seemed strange since the Estafeta buy was right there scanning packages into his hand-held computer thingie.

I heard Estafeta rates are well below FedEx, DSL, etc.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down