INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Waze users? Did it show the narcobloqueos yesterday?

5 posters

Go down

Any Waze users? Did it show the narcobloqueos yesterday? Empty Any Waze users? Did it show the narcobloqueos yesterday?

Post by spacedebris Sat May 02, 2015 9:13 am

I didn't think to look yesterday to see if the blockades were noted by any users yesterday. Did anyone have the app open and see if the blockades showed up?

I was supposed to go into Guadalajara yesterday but I think that I'll go in today. Based on what I see on the Waze map it is all clear today. For those who are interest but don't know about Waze, here is a link www.waze.com -- It is an app that uses GPS and adds information from your trip to the map that everyone sees. It also lets you note problems, police, hazards, road closures, etc.

spacedebris

Back to top Go down

Any Waze users? Did it show the narcobloqueos yesterday? Empty Re: Any Waze users? Did it show the narcobloqueos yesterday?

Post by Intercasa Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 am

It showed the DUI checkpoints in Guadalajara last night.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Any Waze users? Did it show the narcobloqueos yesterday? Empty Re: Any Waze users? Did it show the narcobloqueos yesterday?

Post by spacedebris Sat May 02, 2015 10:41 am

Always good to know. The reporting seems pretty complete and up-to-date so I suspect they were listed as soon as someone saw them. It looks all clear today.

spacedebris

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Intercasa wrote:It showed the DUI checkpoints in Guadalajara last night.

DUI checkpoints?...driving under the influence??
Wouldn't you want a couple of stiff ones to face all those blockades yesterday?  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 02, 2015 6:19 pm

We went to Unicenter by Andares and I told my ride to take a shortcut to my home about 10 minutes away which also avoids passing estadio 3 de marzo and there was the torito there, check now as they are burning stuff in Puerto vallarta, lets see if waze has it
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by spacedebris Sat May 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Got back from Guadalajara about 1900 but couldn't get to this until now. I did see that someone had posted a Hazard with the text "Bloqué!" for 54-D Autopista but I must have noticed it at the last minute it was up because I couldn't find that Hazard warning on the map and by the time I checked the Hazard warnings again it was gone.

At least we know that people post these. We probably need more users for this to be really informative but still handy while on a drive. I checked PV and there were a couple of areas with almost stopped traffic and several police cars noted but nothing about burning stuff... There seems to be a much smaller user base in PV too.

It would be great if we could get taxis to keep the app up while they drove around.

I take torito = police?

spacedebris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat May 02, 2015 10:59 pm

So what's the safe way to go to the beach these days? I took the libre on the way home from Barra and a few days later I see the bloqueo on 80 in Juchitlan where I was rolling along singing with Bob Marley. Now they are infesting the Autopista as well.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 03, 2015 12:28 am

Torito is DUI checkpoint
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rckrckr Sun May 03, 2015 9:02 am

Ms.Thang wrote:So what's the safe way to go to the beach these days? I took the libre on the way home from Barra and a few days later I see the bloqueo on 80 in Juchitlan where I was rolling along singing with Bob Marley. Now they are infesting the Autopista as well.  

Drove from Manzanillo to Chapala yesterday in record time on the cuota. Light traffic, no blockades, no checkpoints, no military, few police patrols.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun May 03, 2015 3:58 pm

And I drove on that same autopista a couple of weeks ago (and a hundred other times) with no problems either. I just don't like it, people drive so fast and it's so boring for the most part. I get very sleepy for some reason on roads like that. I kinda liked the libre better but always took the quota cuz it's "safer". I guess it still is since they will help you if you break down and if there was a problem the Patrullas could get there faster and easier.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down