INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refacing kitchen cabinets and new interior doors.

+5
slainte39
Pedro
gringal
RVGRINGO
Clueless
9 posters

Go down

Refacing kitchen cabinets and new interior doors. Empty Refacing kitchen cabinets and new interior doors.

Post by Clueless Tue May 05, 2015 11:59 am

Anyone know someone Lakeside that does this?

Would like to hear from anyone with personal experience.

I would prefer an individual rather than a "contractor."

Contact information would be appreciated.

I'm also looking to find some nice interior (bed and bathrooms) doors.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Refacing kitchen cabinets and new interior doors. Empty Re: Refacing kitchen cabinets and new interior doors.

Post by RVGRINGO Tue May 05, 2015 1:12 pm

There are many carpenters around. Ask some of them to show you their work. Many have the talents you seek, if you mean ‘refinishing‘ cabinet doors and fronts & building interior doors to fit existing spaces. Those are just common chores for most carpenters.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Refacing kitchen cabinets and new interior doors. Empty Re: Refacing kitchen cabinets and new interior doors.

Post by Clueless Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm

I would love some recommendations for carpenters, including contact information and/or directions on where to find them.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Clueless wrote:I would love some recommendations for carpenters, including contact information and/or directions on where to find them.

Thanks.

This man is a master carpenter; did a fine job building hardwood doors to fit the openings and built all the kitchen cabinets when we remodeled our very old casa:
Juan Carlos Zamora
cel: 331 135575637
Venustiano Carranza #7
Ajijic

There is also a carpentry shop around the corner from Paz liquors and a few doors down the street, heading south.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue May 05, 2015 4:57 pm

the guy south of paz did a fine job on repairing 2 antique chaiirs for us at a reasonable price. across from johnny's bar.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Wed May 06, 2015 9:24 am

Pedro wrote:the guy south of paz did a fine job on repairing 2 antique chaiirs for us at a reasonable price. across from johnny's bar.

Could you give me a little more specifics on directions? I don't know Johnny's Bar.

Tnx
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed May 06, 2015 11:02 am

about a half block south on the right is the carpenter and lety's is also on the other side with johnny's bar. it's the one way going south east of the street beside paz which is a 1 way going north.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 06, 2015 5:24 pm

gringal wrote:
Clueless wrote:I would love some recommendations for carpenters, including contact information and/or directions on where to find them.

Thanks.

This man is a master carpenter; did a fine job building hardwood doors to fit the openings and built all the kitchen cabinets when we remodeled our very old casa:
Juan Carlos Zamora
Venustiano Carranza #7
Ajijic

There is also a carpentry shop around the corner from Paz liquors and a few doors down the street, heading south.  

Gringal, could you recheck that phone number, as it seems to have a couple of extra digits?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by otrocanuck Wed May 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Refacing cabinet doors and drawers is technically putting a new surface over top of the old ones, a process that usually looks good in the early stages but after time I think you will be disappointed. I prefer to tell people to replace the door fronts and drawer faces with new ones, keep the old hardware, stiles and rails, reuse all these things, but do not simply put a new skin on them. With heat and moisture coming and going in a kitchen or bathroom that will eventually cause delamination and you will then be looking at replacing, do it now and be happy with the results for many more years.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Better to have new doors made. BTW, the furniture repair/refinish man is Leandro Diaz. He's superb.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed May 06, 2015 8:54 pm

Leandro Diaz
376-766-0953
lindalando@prodigy.net.mx
Gonzalez Gallo #77
San Antonio

he takes lunch 2-3

We adore him and he has done lots of work for us on painting rustico furniture and repairs refinish on mahogany and cherry antiques, he was even able to repair an imploded ribbon back chair.

I recently asked him for a quote on refinishing my formal dining set an he refused to consider it, said the variations after 90 years are the character and to get over the mars and marks.  He was right.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu May 07, 2015 10:00 am

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

Thanks.

Juan Carlos Zamora
Venustiano Carranza #7
Ajijic

Gringal, could you recheck that phone number, as it seems to have a couple of extra digits?

Eyes failing, obviously. Got his business card, so here's the real deal, as printed: 3313575637
(I hate it when they run the numbers all together)

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 07, 2015 10:25 am

solajijic wrote:Leandro Diaz
376-766-0953
lindalando@prodigy.net.mx
Gonzalez Gallo #77
San Antonio

he takes lunch 2-3

We adore him and he has done lots of work for us on painting rustico furniture and repairs refinish on mahogany and cherry antiques, he was even able to repair an imploded ribbon back chair.

I recently asked him for a quote on refinishing my formal dining set an he refused to consider it, said the variations after 90 years are the character and to get over the mars and marks.  He was right.
he knows his stough. if somebody came to my place when i was a picker and they spoke the word "refinish" i would throw them out. "restore" is another matter entirely.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by eagles100 Thu May 07, 2015 11:16 am

We have oak kitchen cabinet doors which were looking old. I asked Luis from Mexico Rustico to come up with a good solution which he did. They look awesome.
Luis: (331) 000-6212

He's east of Chapala, near Lucky Dog but he will come to you to give you suggestions and quote.

I've had him build many pieces of furniture and am happy with the results.

eagles100
eagles100
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down